Pickle to 3abn President, and Chairman of 3abn board

A READ ONLY forum. Please discuss letters and info in the 3abn OPEN DISCUSSION forum
Cynthia

Pickle to 3abn President, and Chairman of 3abn board

Post by Cynthia »

The following correspondence between Robert Pickle (pro se defendent in the defamation lawsuit) Danny Shelton (President of 3abn) and Dr Walter Thompson, ( Chairman of the 3abn board) took place in Nov of 2006 during the attempted ASI negotiations prior to the Cease and desist letter sent to Gailon Joy and the Defamation lawsuit being filed.

The private communications were subsequently posted on the web in various forums and then on Gailon Joy and Robert Pickles website after they launched it at the begiining of Jan 2007. They have been reproduced here as is, without the commentary and personal interpretations which were originally included by Robert Pickle in his publications.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re Gailons last email to me. "We got a problem"
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 07:31:42 -0600
CC: Walt Thompson

Bob,

Gailon Joy does not respect my wishes to stop communicating with me as ASI is handling mine and Linda's situation. He sends me your groups discussion concerning this situation. ASI has asked me to quit communications with him. I have asked him to stop. He continues to send "tell alls" on anyone who emails him, even his own supporters. Since you seem to be on his team, could you see that he abides by my following request.

Please don't continue to send me info as I have asked you not to communicate with me since ASI had agreed to hear mine and Linda's situation.

Save your emails to me. I already knew about you being a convicted embezzler and have more knowledge than you and your group would be comfortable with, of other personal and financial challenges that are open knowledge surrounding you.

Again, please don't bother to send me any more communications at this time. I would suggest that you send your communications to H. Lance.

Thanks Bob,

Danny
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Re: Pickle to 3abn President, and Chairman of 3abn board

Post by Cynthia »

------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Gailons last email to me. "We got a problem"
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:05:24 -0600
To: Danny Shelton

Hi Danny.

I don't really have any control over what he does, so I don't think I can "see that he abides by [your] following request."

I have been curious about something, though. You write below that "ASI had agreed to hear mine and Linda's situation." That is good. But I hope that they will deal with more than just that, since the rumors out there concern far more that just your and Linda's situation.

I noticed the 3ABN web site announced two rallies last weekend in Oregon. What I was curious about is why it advertised only you and Tommy being there. In your previous reply to Gailon you did not specifically deny that allegations of child molestation have been leveled against Tommy, and I understand that these allegations have been hanging over him for years. I would think it most unwise from a PR standpoint to push Tommy to the front of things until these allegations are resolved.

Is there anything in the works to resolve these allegations, demonstrating either Tommy's guilt or innocence?

Bob
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 11/23/2006 8:15:43 AM

Danny,

One thing I've noticed, and I think I mentioned this to you before, is that you seem to use a tactic in damage control which in the end can be quite detrimental to your cause. You wrote:

Originally Posted By: Danny Shelton
"I already knew about you being a convicted embezzler and have more knowledge than you and your group would be comfortable with, of other personal and financial challenges that are open knowledge surrounding you."

Why would this sort of comment be necessary? How is it helpful? All it appears to do is distract from the issues being raised by attacking others. In my opinion, it would be far better to just deal with the issues raised in a transparent, straightforward way.

I realize that's not your gift. But then you really need to authorize and enable someone else to do that.

Of course, Gailon's email did not raise issues with 3ABN, but I have noticed this sort of problem with your previous replies to issues he has raised.

Bob
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:40:21 -0600

I will refrain from answering your questions at this time. I'm willing for ASI to do it's work with the facts presented by both sides.
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

---- Original Message -----
Sent: 11/23/2006 9:00:28 AM

Hi Danny.

Think about it: If you'd only be willing to approach these questions transparently and straightforwardly, without attacking others, as if you don't have a thing to hide, ASI wouldn't need to be involved at all.

You have spent so many years building up 3ABN's ministry. Why jeopardize it all by continuing an approach that turns off supporters? In other words, what hinders you from answering transparently and straightforwardly the simple question, "Is there anything in the works to resolve these allegations, demonstrating either Tommy's guilt or innocence?"

Not answering that simple question gives the impression that you are engaging in evasion and stonewalling, and that the allegations really are true. And that impression is detrimental to the mission of 3ABN, and should be avoided at all costs.

But I do take it from your reply that the ASI panel will be investigating the allegations against Tommy as well, and that is good.

Bob
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Subject: [Fwd: Re: Gailons last email to me. "We got a problem"]
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:30:06 -0600
To: Walt Thompson

Hi Walt.

I thought I'd pass along our email interchange to you.

I really think that 3ABN and Danny need better damage control, and have felt that way since being told by a major 3ABN player in August, simply because I was asking questions, that I was "led of the pits of hell" and was "one sick puppy."

Danny's replies below illustrate yet again the need for better damage control. Tommy has had these allegations hanging over his head for years, and if he has ever been cleared, Danny won't say. And if anything is in the works to either prove or disprove these allegations, Danny won't say. "I will refrain from answering your questions at this time."

Yet while he can't bring himself to answer simple questions, he has no problem whatsoever digging up dirt and using it to attack others with, as he makes clear below.

This sort of PR and damage control approach, it's beyond me.

The whole situation comes across as if the more allegations there are, the more the one alleged to have done wrong ends up in the limelight. That's the appearance when Tommy is featured so prominently at rallies and at the MAP Seminar. And that appearance is not helpful to the mission and prosperity of 3ABN.

If 3ABN is going to prosper in the years to come, there needs to be a drastic change in PR and damage control.

God bless.

Bob
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 09:38:30 -0600

Bob, one last email to you.

Most of the rumors and accusations are based on lies. There are potentially millions of viewers. I nor anyone else can or will ever address all individual rumors with individual people asking the questions. It would be too time consuming.

If the biggest rumors or accusations are addressed by a reputable group like ASI, then people will have more info to base their decisions of whom are they going to believe.

There's a good chance that if ASI decides I have lied about my biblical grounds for divorce, then there is also a good chance that I am lying about other things. If on the other side of the coin ASI decides that Linda has lied about the reasons for our divorce then there is a good chance that the other info she and her friends are feeding the public, may be lies also.

I've been told that you cross one bridge at a time.

good bye.
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:40:53 -0600

Bob,

I'm not going to repond to you or Gailon anymore. Thanks for respecting that.

Danny
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:46:41 -0600

Hi Danny.

Who then at 3ABN would be a good one for me to ask my question of? Who is responsible for handling damage control regarding serious matters?

It doesn't bother me at all to ask someone else, since your time is valuable. I just need to know who I should be conversing with at 3ABN instead of yourself.

Bob
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 10:57:01 -0600

Bob, Please understand that we are letting ASI deal with this first. Whatever is left we will look at later.

ASI has asked us not to discuss this situation in detail with anyone at this time. We are respecting that request.

Hopefully you will understand, if not I'm sorry, but you'll just have to wait until ASI makes a decision.

No need to respond

Danny
~ Cindy