Happy Thanksgiving

Just like the title says... ( please keep any jokes or videos kosher)

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Donna

Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Donna »

May all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day reflecting upon God's many blessings and the warm company of family and friends.
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Cynthia

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Post by Cynthia »

Donna wrote: May all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day reflecting upon God's many blessings and the warm company of family and friends.

I second that Mama. ( smile) I would just add, may you all also have a day filled with a whole lot of love, laughter and happiness. It's somewhat amazing to me how on Thanksgiving at our house even the dishes become less of a chore and actually fun with all involved, helping, gabbing, laughing, and getting in each others way...

One of our Thanksgiving traditions which I absolutely love is when our family ( a very large one- for those who don't know) sits down around the table and before joining hands and praying together, take turns sharing what we are especially thankful for.

Our God is so very good, and his blessings abundant, so some years it takes some serious thought on my part trying to narrow down and identify what I am the most thankful for.

This year was no problem, and is so very easy. My first Grandchild, (and Donna's first great grandchild) was due on the 23rd, (he's running a little late..) but he is already so loved and wanted, and such a wonderful gift and blessing from God. I can't wait to see his little face, and hold him close!

On another thankful note.. I never fail to feel so humbled and yet so overwhelmed and awed by the vastness of God's creation, His amazing love, and the beauty of it all then when gazing up at the heavens.

Maybe some of you feel the same? If so, (and you get a chance, and your skies are clear) you won't want to miss this.

This year there is a rare Thanksgiving night sky. The sky's three brightest objects — Venus, Jupiter and crescent moon — will crowd around each other for an unusual group shot....

If you have never thought about it, then maybe it is time to consider it? Just look up at the heavens tonight and consider how many galaxies containing stars, moons and planets exist, (much more than our eyes can see). Then consider what a tiny spec this earth is in the vastness of all that.. Next consider yourself on this tiny spec. This tiny spec filled with so many people, and then multiply that by all the people who have ever lived here in this earth's history... Yet our Creator, Almighty God, our Father so loved you that He gave His son just for you, and Jesus ( willingly and by choice) gave himself just for you, so He might gain your love, and you. He came, lived, died. rose again, just for you, He ministers, covers, represents and advocates for you, and has promised to return for you, and live with you forever, if that is your desire.

Thinking about that absolutely knocks me to my knees and overwhelms me...

I do desire that but I am nobody and nothing I have ever done, or can ever do, merits that. I am so very thankful... How could I not be?

May God bless you and yours today, and always, is my hope and prayer,

~ Cindy
~ Cindy