Forum Login problems?

Just like the title says... ( please keep any jokes or videos kosher)

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Jack

Forum Login problems?

Post by Jack »

What gives? Every time I have attempted to log in here over the past several weeks I get a message that I have exceeded the max attempts to log in and have to do the code bit again before I can log in. I get the message on my first log in attempt though and not after trying again and again.

Any one else experiencing this or having any log in problems?

Jax
Donna

Re: Forum Login problems?

Post by Donna »

Yes, in fact it was just yesterday. No problem today though.
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Cynthia

Re: Forum Login problems?

Post by Cynthia »

Jack wrote:What gives? Every time I have attempted to log in here over the past several weeks I get a message that I have exceeded the max attempts to log in and have to do the code bit again before I can log in. I get the message on my first log in attempt though and not after trying again and again.

Any one else experiencing this or having any log in problems?

Jax
I apologize for the problems. This has been an ongoing problem with me for the past month also, many times (not all) when I attempt to login my first attempt tells me I have exceeded the the max attempts and I have to go through the verification process also. I just had to do that again when I logged in a few minutes ago.

Since I have received emails from other members either asking about or complaining about this same problem, but so far only from 3abn defenders, it appears likely to me that we may have people from or associated with the other side trying to hack into our accounts rather than this being a technical problem with the forum software or programming. Your general Hacker, Cyber-terrorist, or spammer doesn't usually take sides in discussions or disagreements and only attempt to hack one side. So, if anyone else is experiencing login problems please let us know so we can figure this out for sure.

Our forum software has built in safety features to protect members privacy and accounts. One example is that it prevents more than the maximum amount of login attempts before shutting down which more than a handful of us have been experiencing lately. So at most this is an irritation. No matter what the cause of the problem is it remains a safe practice to change your password periodically on any site or with any membership. I encourage all members here to do that on a regular basis on this forum too.
~ Cindy