What's for breakfast?

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

What's for breakfast?

Post by Cynthia »

As the title suggests, this thread is for breakfast recipes, ideas, and discussion.

Please add your newly discovered recipes or tried and true personal or family favorites here.

Breakfast items or recipes don't have to be limited to morning obviously... A favorite dinner at our house has always been "breakfast for dinner" which we have on average 3-5 times a month.
~ Cindy
Cynthia

"Breakfast Banana splits"

Post by Cynthia »

You know what they say, "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" and "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper."

BUT...

Sometimes a lack of time is a problem....

My boys used to love these when we were in a hurry in the morning and on the run or sometimes just as a special treat. They thought they were getting spoiled with a desert in the morning. I knew we were all getting a quick but healthy start to the day. smile.

"Breakfast Banana splits"

Ingredients

* 1 banana
* 1 1/3 cups sliced or diced fresh fruit of choice
* 1 cup yogurt - any flavor or variety
  • ( vegans- the "Silk" brand name has excellent varieties of soy yogurt)
* 1/2 cup granola cereal with almonds
* 2 maraschino cherries with stems or other fruit for garnish.

Directions:
Slice banana in half lengthwise; cut each in half widthwise. Place two pieces of banana in two individual bowls. Top each with 2/3 cup mixed fruit, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/4 cup granola and 1 cherry. Yield: 2 servings.

Some combos my kids loved...

strawberry yogurt, and sliced strawberries and oranges

Pina colada yogurt with pineapple chunks and oranges - or - oranges and kiwi fruit, sprinkle with coconut.

Mandarin orange yogurt with sliced strawberries and slices of mandarin oranges

Red white and blue banana split, for 4th of July, veterans day, or whenever. Vanilla yogurt, with blueberries and strawberries
~ Cindy