Daryl and Bob

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

odie1962

Daryl and Bob

Post by odie1962 »

I am a little concerned about ownership of adventtalk. Not for me as everyone knows who I am,but for others.
If Bob has his fingers into adventtalk on any level besides just plain membership he will have acess thru Daryl to the ip's etc of anonymous posters.

AND I believe there is a good liklihood that Daryl was telling the truth to the "church leaders".

I have had a few things to many played on me to "believe the saints" of adventism
odie1962

Re: Daryl and Bob

Post by odie1962 »

odie1962 wrote:I am a little concerned about ownership of adventtalk. Not for me as everyone knows who I am,but for others.
If Bob has his fingers into adventtalk on any level besides just plain membership he will have acess thru Daryl to the ip's etc of anonymous posters.

AND I believe there is a good liklihood that Daryl was telling the truth to the "church leaders".

I have had a few things to many played on me to "believe the saints" of adventism

If others besides daryl has acess in the admin section because of behind the scenes ownership, and if that is by anyone that has a strong view or reason to want information the members should be told.
I don't believe Daryl lied,but am wondering how proxy fits in here.
Marv Smith

Post by Marv Smith »

odie1962 wrote:
odie1962 wrote:I am a little concerned about ownership of adventtalk. Not for me as everyone knows who I am,but for others.

If others besides daryl has acess in the admin section because of behind the scenes ownership, and if that is by anyone that has a strong view or reason to want information the members should be told.
I don't believe Daryl lied,but am wondering how proxy fits in here.
My take is that if you log in as a member at Adventalk or even read as a guest you better assume the following:
1. Your IP is readily available and shared between all of the righteous army there including Bob.
2. They will do anything possible to identify, and act against, posters that aren't in agreement with their agenda.
3. Any Private Messages (PM's) you generate there can be and are read and shared by this group.

Paranoia is the operative word at adventalk.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

My take is that if you log in as a member at Adventalk or even read as a guest you better assume the following:
1. Your IP is readily available and shared between all of the righteous army there including Bob.
2. They will do anything possible to identify, and act against, posters that aren't in agreement with their agenda.
3. Any Private Messages (PM's) you generate there can be and are read and shared by this group.

Paranoia is the operative word at adventalk.

II have posted this in adventtalk as well.
Something was introduced here that I had heard a couple of times before. Who owns adventtalk?? Most I believe are under the impression that adventtalk is owned and operated by Daryl. Is this true. Or is it true there is a letter from chiurch leaders sent to another party claiming that Daryl denies ownership?
Probably for most websites someone visits ownership is not a factor. In this website I think the opposite is true.
Is ownership here by proxy??

Who is the actual owner??
If adventtalk is owned by those that have a financial stake in the outcome of the lawsuit with 3ABN, it is a form of dishonesty to let members believe they are joining a forum that has a upfront interest in getting FACTS out in front to the adventist members. Facts,not a one sided very slanted viewpoint . Stepping hard on those that do not follow the Gailon,Bob agenda

If Bob or Gailon or anyone else other than daryl have ownership of adventtalk forum it would explain some questions that some of us have.
I would hope that is not true.
Adventtalk began as a very friendly forum,one that many felt would fill a very obvious void of adventist forums. Activity was encouraging and membership kept climbing. That is not the case now.

My dad always told my siblings and myself,"Never fear the heathen outside the door,fear the christian that sits next to you in the pwe.
If Bob has acess he has acess to all. I believe more than ever my dad is right
Marv Smith

Post by Marv Smith »

It will be interesting to see if you receive a reply from Daryl, Bob, or others running the show there. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

It will be interesting to see if you receive a reply from Daryl, Bob, or others running the show there. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...
I am not holding my breath. One answer would be very easy to give. Yes,I do,would be easy and all that is necessary.

No I don't,would lead to Who does and why the subterfuge?? If the answer is the later it,it is a little disturbing
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

odie1962 wrote:
I am not holding my breath. One answer would be very easy to give. Yes,I do,would be easy and all that is necessary.

No I don't,would lead to Who does and why the subterfuge?? If the answer is the later it,it is a little disturbing
Apparently the answer is just too hard?

I myself m wondering why they all just keep hovering on, over and about the latest thread when they have banned most of the opposition??

I dunno.. just seems futile and a little paranoid to me...
~ Cindy
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

What is so hard about saying who really owns this website? Problem is they don't want to say!! And I think they don't want to say because Daryl is no doubt correct, he doesn't own the site, someone else does, even though Daryl is listed as the owner. But he didn't want to get into trouble with the SDA Leaders so he has denied it to them.

So WHO owns the web site? Probably Pickle and Joy.

My next question is this: Who is financing them? Where do they get their money to do all this work and/or are they allowing their families to suffer from want because they are so obsessed with bringing God's work down? It is a serious offense in the eyes of God to try to circumvent His work. One of these days, they will have overstepped this boundary if they haven't already.
Bemidji girl

Post by Bemidji girl »

What is so hard about saying who really owns this website? Problem is they don't want to say!! And I think they don't want to say because Daryl is no doubt correct, he doesn't own the site, someone else does, even though Daryl is listed as the owner. But he didn't want to get into trouble with the SDA Leaders so he has denied it to them.

So WHO owns the web site? Probably Pickle and Joy.

My next question is this: Who is financing them? Where do they get their money to do all this work and/or are they allowing their families to suffer from want because they are so obsessed with bringing God's work down? It is a serious offense in the eyes of God to try to circumvent His work. One of these days, they will have overstepped this boundary if they haven't already.

Maybe it is shame and not a lack of ownership that caused the denial .

bemidji girl
Hyacinth Andrews

Post by Hyacinth Andrews »

It looks like there is some unrest at AdventTalk. I wonder why Daryl says he doesn't own the sight if he is the administrater.