Who owns Advent talk

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

Re: Who owns Advent talk

Post by Cynthia »

Donna wrote:This thread is about who owns Advent talk and while you have spoken well on the subject you still tend to confuse the issue as in the following statement:
Frankly I think this applies to not only DS and LS as well as others on the other side.
Here you spoke like you had been talking about those who are connected to 3ABN and those who defend it. Will you please clarify.

Moderator note:
This thread has been split to avoid wandering offtopic from "who owns adventTalk?" You may click on the following link to continue discussing the new topic which developed here:

http://www.3atalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... p=675#p675
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Re: Who Owns????
Darl Fawcett on the Advent Talk forum
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 08:47:08 AM »

I think I had better finally respond to this thread.

The domain name is registered under my name and Advent Talk is managed by me as the Administrator, however, I consider Advent Talk to be actually committee owned and team operated in the sense that, I, as the Administrator, and the Forum Moderators, manage Advent Talk together. This is why we use the Report System of reporting posts, which we work as an Admin Team.

As I hope this will finally lay to rest this question, and, as I responded to the question in the OP, I am closing this thread.
Niiiice.. but we already knew that it was registered under Fawcett's name and that he was the administrator, but the unanswered questions which remain despite him claiming he answered the question and closing down the discussion are.. drum roll please

1. Who is the owner :?: (<--this question was of course the actual thread title)
a.) if his answer is " a committee"? well, who are they :?:

2. Did Daryl register it in his own name, or did another such as Pickle do it? or did the so called committee register it :?:

3. ( IOW, is he a front for Pickle and Joy :?: ) Do Pickle and Joy have access to Members private info, and run the forum behind the scenes :?:

4. Who paid to register the domain name and pays bluehost :?:

5> Why would Daryl tell a conference official it wasn't his :?:

Stay tuned, while we see if they can ever learn to answer the simple questions....

..ian
~ Cindy
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

Re: Who Owns????
Darl Fawcett on the Advent Talk forum
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 08:47:08 AM »

I think I had better finally respond to this thread.

The domain name is registered under my name and Advent Talk is managed by me as the Administrator, however, I consider Advent Talk to be actually committee owned and team operated in the sense that, I, as the Administrator, and the Forum Moderators, manage Advent Talk together. This is why we use the Report System of reporting posts, which we work as an Admin Team.

As I hope this will finally lay to rest this question, and, as I responded to the question in the OP, I am closing this thread.

Pretty sad isn't it? The report system has absolutely nothing to do with who paid initially and who pays the monthly charge.

It is quite obvious to many of us the duck and dodge going on with this type of answer and the flat out no to a conference officia.

1. Who is the owner :?: (<--this question was of course the actual thread title)
a.) if his answer is " a committee"? well, who are they :?:

A committee may very well "operate adventtalk at this time. Committee is always hard to pin down and nail an answer to the wall.

2. Did Daryl register it in his own name, or did another such as Pickle do it? or did the so called committee register it :?:

Daryl appears to have registered the forum,that doesn't say anything about who actually owns it.
I have a website for a friend as she is without computer. You can look where ever you choose and you will see that I own it. I also pay for it with money she gives me. Not mine but looks like it

3. ( IOW, is he a front for Pickle and Joy :?: ) Do Pickle and Joy have access to Members private info, and run the forum behind the scenes :?:

What really surprises me and at the same time makes me mad that I am surprised anymore.

There is no doubt that several of us have been puzzeled by what we thought was Dary's conduct. No matter how nasty,how demeaning and twisting of statements,it all passed scrunity. At the same time even a pm to Bob was considered flaming and could result in a bann.

You can see what is happening to the forum. Almost dead silence. More and more resent supporting a forum that was set up on deceit. As is typical the intial act is not the worst, it is trying to hide what has taken place. Bob tried to make out my question was based on ugliness. It was a straightforward question. The ugliness is the attempt at subtrafuge and lack of a straight forward answer. Many of us have come to expect that from Precise Bob and Gailon. I did not expect it out of Johann and then Daryl.

i4. Who paid to register the domain name and pays bluehost :?:

Probably Daryl on both. Done in such a fashion that crossing their fingers behind thier back as they answer.

5. Why would Daryl tell a conference official it wasn't his :?:

Probably because when and if confronted about adventtalk and what has been posted there,it is not a place most would want to claim.It would be hard to explain to most anyone why "the respectful discussion" statement does not include Bob and Gailon.

6. Stay tuned, while we see if they can ever learn to answer the simple questions....

Probably not unless of course there is a legal reason to go after it. Perhaps the party that does own it is loyal enough to keep quiet and take the responsibility for it.
Bob and Gailon seem to have left "Dodge" for a bit
Last edited by Cynthia on Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:23 pm America/Denver, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited font to separate post from reply
Stan

Post by Stan »

When AT was first running, it did not show who was the owner, it only showed DF as the technical person etc. etc.

I am not aware of anyway that an admin can read a private message on his forum, that is made by www.simplemachines.org. It would be interesting if someone would go search that site out to see if it is possible. I run that software on scores of sites, and have never seen anything to be able to do that.

It is possible on UBBthreads, as you have the technical ability to log on as someone else from the admin panel, the purpose of that is to troubleshoot. I have done that but no no reason why I would look at someone's messages. HOWEVER now that i reflect on that, it seems to me that we did on one account that they guy was suicidal, Gregory did call the Police, that was several years ago, do not remember who that was.

Do you remember who started the rumour that Danny Shelton had bought out clubadventist.com or who said McNeilus had bought me out? I trust it that person lies about other things as well.

Sometimes truth is hard to deal with, without people making things up.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

When AT was first running, it did not show who was the owner, it only showed DF as the technical person etc. etc.

I am not aware of anyway that an admin can read a private message on his forum, that is made by http://www.simplemachines.org. It would be interesting if someone would go search that site out to see if it is possible. I run that software on scores of sites, and have never seen anything to be able to do that.

It is possible on UBBthreads, as you have the technical ability to log on as someone else from the admin panel, the purpose of that is to troubleshoot. I have done that but no no reason why I would look at someone's messages. HOWEVER now that i reflect on that, it seems to me that we did on one account that they guy was suicidal, Gregory did call the Police, that was several years ago, do not remember who that was.

Do you remember who started the rumour that Danny Shelton had bought out clubadventist.com or who said McNeilus had bought me out? I trust it that person lies about other things as well.

Sometimes truth is hard to deal with, without people making things up.

Perhaps you should ask Johann as he is the one that said it as a way of suggesting the reason for the questions concerning ownership of adventtalk.

This is somewhat different as this came from a conference official. When questioned about ownership by the conference official it was a denial of ownership.

In most cases who cares? But many have been suspended as a result of discussion with Bob and or Gailon. Nor with much of what has been posted and other contact with these two,most really would not want to be part of a forum where they have any input into management or ownership
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Due to Daryl's announcement on Advent Talk, quoted in the "3abn related posts from other forums" section here; we now know part of the answer to the question posed in this thread about "who owns AdventTalk?" ( and who is responsible for what goes on there) is:

^Not Daryl Fawcett.* ( at least, not anymore..)

He also said something interesting in that post:
"I pray that the new administration will moderate Advent Talk without any bias."

I, myself, while also praying and remaining hopeful, know that they make their own choices, and based on their record and previous choices doubt that the bias and partiality will suddenly evaporate. ( especially without any input from Fawcett...)

Continuing on, and in light of DF's previous claim quoted here:
"I consider Advent Talk to be actually committee owned and team operated" another question comes to my mind...

Is it really a New Administration, or the EXACT, SAME Administration, just minus Daryl Fawcett :?:

And as I previously asked:
a.) if his answer is " a committee"? well then, who are they :?:

It is far from a secret here that Steffan Philips is the registrant, the owner and the Technical Administrator of this forum, or that myself and Prof Faber are the forum administrators and moderators, if any have a question, a complaint, input, ideas, OR a need to blame someone, for what goes on here, they know exactly who to talk to, ask, pm, email, hold accountable and expect an answer from ~ OR~ who to attack and accuse, depending on their preference and mindset.

I really don't get why all the secrecy about ownership and responsibility for AdventTalk, or why the lack of answers to private emails, pms concerning, and reports filed there on their forum, except that possibly it helps them avoid answering questions, and to avoid accepting responsibility and accountability for what is allowed and what is done and said there...

I , personally, don't think that is a good thing for any individual (myself included)

..ian
~ Cindy
Stan

Post by Stan »

Here are the screen shots that I just took, of all the changes of ownership of this since day 1
Attachments
Picture 10.png
Picture 11.png
Picture 12.png
Stan

Post by Stan »

and the rest
Attachments
Picture 13.png
Picture 14.png
Today's who is
Today's who is
Stan

Post by Stan »

This discussion reminds me of a discussion some years back on who owned ClubAdventist. It was claimed, at that time, that Danny Shelton had bought it. At least most discussions on the 3ABN problem were curbed.

I never heard that DS owned C/A. I am afraid all the talking around the issue instead of the specific issue is giving an answer.
The answer to this should be fairly easy and straightforward. In most cases it is really unimportant who owns and who operates. In this I think it fairly obvious where the concern would come in. This forum was up in arms because of the subpoena by 3ABN obtaining private information. Like it or not, that was pretty straight forward, who wanted the information and why.
You can only imagine my surprise when I read that.

I have since learned, people who declared that, and I am not going to name them, are also full of it with there comments about 3ABN. They come across as factual, and sound convincing.. and people follow them..... shows people love and believe a lie...
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

I agree Stan. Nowdays before accepting an accusation about anyone, it should be checked out thoroughly before believing or accepting it. But I imagine when Joy and Pickle go over their own man-made cliff, others will go with them. Very sad to see.