Who owns Advent talk

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

odie1962

Who owns Advent talk

Post by odie1962 »

Who Owns Adventtalk. Sometimes it seems I can still be surprised in a negative way . Not sure sometimes if that makes me angrier at myself for ignoring what in endsight was plain to see or those that are responsible for the surprise. If you take the time to read this you will see asking a question that a simple yes or no would have taken care of treated in a very carefully phrased way.

It answers the many questions I and others have had in the operation of this forum. There is not even an attempt to be fair.

I have wondered why Bob and Gailon can say anything they choose and it passes muster,when the slightest phrase that can be turned against those they consider an enemy is grounds for banning. PM's to Bob that he takes exception to are also grounds for banning. Most are not allowed to post or repeat a post from here to the sacred halls of adventtalk. Yet, snoopy has just done so and Bob has as well.

Because I live in the same state as Bob and have relatives and friends in his area,my suggestion to him in a PM was that we use his methods in discussing other members not present to defend themselves. This was not to Bob's liking apparently and I was promptly banned from the 3ABN forums. Yet Bob and a couple of others had just completed a pretty good hachet job on someone else.

All thru the 3ABN forums, Bob and Gailon have free reign to say as they wish. Twist and pull like taffy till it looks incriminating enough , and then repeat and repeat as in time at least some will stick to the wall

Snoopy has this to say......
What difference does it make, Bonnie? I visit 3atalk every once in a while when I need a chuckle, so I have seen the ugliness that you continue to post about Bob, Gailon, and now Daryl.
The only thing that would make my question to Daryl ugliness is if there is something devious and secretive about this that someone did not want to answer.

Bob seems to still be sitting on the right hand of God this morning in his response.....

In my opinion, you definitely have a problem with being ugly and making accusations that I highly doubt you can back up. And then you have the gall to justify your ugliness in the way that you did in your last sentence.

Whatever is eating at you, give it to Jesus. Let him take your bitterness away.

That doesn't mean that you can't be a crusader for justice.
This I find would find amazing if it wasn't so transparent.

Yes Bob, dishonesty on your part can and I think it will be proven. But asking who owns the forum is answered in your typical self righteous mode.

What is ugly about asking who owns adventtalk, unless of course your hand print is all over behind the scene. Where does bitterness come in?

I thought as Precise Bob you would settle for nothing but precise accusations with the followup of truth according to the gospel of Bob.

I seriously doubt you would understand justice if it slapped you upside the head.

Now Precise Bob, maybe you should come up with precisness in what you claim I have done.
bonnie

Who Owns????
« on: October 05, 2008, 02:01:16 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In fairness to all I am placing this here so that not open to the casual reader. The admin may elect to move it

I believe that most of you probably keep tabs on the opposing forum. Something was introduced there that I had heard a couple of times before.Who owns adventtalk?? Most I believe are under the impression that adventtalk is owned and operated by Daryl. Is this true. Or is it true there is a letter from chiurch leaders sent to another party claiming that Daryl denies ownership?
Probably for most websites someone visits ownership is not a factor. In this website I think the opposite is true.
Is ownership here by proxy??

Who is the actual owner??
If this is owned by those that have a financial stake in the outcome of the lawsuit with 3ABN, it is a form of dishonesty to let members believe they are joining a forum that has a upfront interest in getting FACTS out in front to the adventist members. Facts,not a one sided very slanted viewpoint . Stepping hard on those that do not follow the Gailon,Bob agenda

If Bob or Gailon or anyone else have ownership of this forum it would explain some questions that some of us have.
I would hope that is not true.
Adventtalk began as a very friendly forum,one that many felt would fill a very obvious void of adventist forums. Activity was encouraging and membership kept climbing. That is not the case now.

childoftheking

Re: Who Owns????
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 02:32:11 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/r ... nttalk.com

Why would someone start a rumour like that?

bonnie
Veteran Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 02:40:58 PM »

ttp://www.networksolutions.com/whois/results. ... nttalk.com

Why would someone start a rumour like that?

Can't answer that. When I first heard it I checked the same source as you did. Had forgotten about it till it surfaced again.
1. Why are church leaders asking and why the claims that ownership was denied.
2. The most current explaination is by proxy.
3. Is there a letter to anyone from any level of church leadership that confirms that ownership is denied.
childoftheking

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 04:08:24 PM »

Can't you just pm Daryl and ask him? Just seems like a bit of propaganda. And calculated to arouse suspicion.

bonnie

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 04:21:16 PM »

Can't you just pm Daryl and ask him? Just seems like a bit of propaganda. And calculated to arouse suspicion.

Yes, I am sure I could. But the question is being asked by more than myself. If there is a reluctance to answer publically,I believe there would be the same reluctance privately.
Owning and operating a website should not be something anyone ducks owning. What has already caused suspicion is the refusual to say yes I do or no I don't.

What seems to be obvious becomes less obvious with the statement of a "proxy" and leaders of the denomination saying Daryl has stated he does not own this.

There is no law against running a website for someone,someone else that bears the expense. It is not illegal even in this case,but smacks of deceit by the party that owns it and wants no one to know he bears responsibility for what is said here or done here.

That is what causes suspicion as the ones then suspected of ownership. That would also give them acess to all information and I am not sure that is what many signed on for.

I signed on as Daryl owing and being in complete control of acess on adventtalk. Not having someone like Bob or Gailon having acess

Johann

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 03:06:31 PM »

This discussion reminds me of a discussion some years back on who owned ClubAdventist. It was claimed, at that time, that Danny Shelton had bought it. At least most discussions on the 3ABN problem were curbed.

The truth can lose nothing by close investigation.

bonnie

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 03:17:03 PM »

This discussion reminds me of a discussion some years back on who owned ClubAdventist. It was claimed, at that time, that Danny Shelton had bought it. At least most discussions on the 3ABN problem were curbed.

I never heard that DS owned C/A. I am afraid all the talking around the issue instead of the specific issue is giving an answer.
The answer to this should be fairly easy and straightforward. In most cases it is really unimportant who owns and who operates. In this I think it fairly obvious where the concern would come in. This forum was up in arms because of the subpoena by 3ABN obtaining private information. Like it or not, that was pretty straight forward, who wanted the information and why.
It could be anyone I imagine,but the thinking of the majority is going to be Bob and or Gailon. My information is out there so I couldn't care less about mine, except for the unspoken deceit. Many would not have joined or stayed knowing that Bob or Gailon had acess

Snoopy

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 04:22:45 PM »

What difference does it make, Bonnie? I visit 3atalk every once in a while when I need a chuckle, so I have seen the ugliness that you continue to post about Bob, Gailon, and now Daryl.

I happen to know the answer to your question, but I don't see any reason to provide any answers. Or maybe the right answer is..."it's private, and nobody else's business"!!!! It almost looks as though people are all of a sudden paranoid about some of the things they have posted here and are starting to fear they might be called on the carpet.

-

snoopy,

If I were to question who owns maritime I am very confident that a answer would be pretty swift in coming. It would not be viewed as saying something ugly about Daryl,so why is the question who owns this forum seen as a desire to say something ugly
When something like this is hidden it is done so for a reason. It isn't illegal,so of course not from that standpoint .

As for ugliness about Bob and Gailon I cannot come close to many insulting, ugly things that have been said on this forum.

Bob Pickle

Bonnie,

In my opinion, you definitely have a problem with being ugly and making accusations that I highly doubt you can back up. And then you have the gall to justify your ugliness in the way that you did in your last sentence.

Whatever is eating at you, give it to Jesus. Let him take your bitterness away.

That doesn't mean that you can't be a crusader for justice.

Daryl Fawcett
Administrator

Daryl & Beth

« Reply #11 on: Today at 06:47:08 AM »

I think I had better finally respond to this thread.

The domain name is registered under my name and Advent Talk is managed by me as the Administrator, however, I consider Advent Talk to be actually committee owned and team operated in the sense that, I, as the Administrator, and the Forum Moderators, manage Advent Talk together. This is why we use the Report System of reporting posts, which we work as an Admin Team.

As I hope this will finally lay to rest this question, and, as I responded to the question in the OP, I am closing this thread.
odie1962

Re: Who owns Advent talk

Post by odie1962 »

Bo,Snoopy and Others,

The ugliness of this is the deviousness involved in setting up adventtalk.
There is no reason for the outburst except that the truth hit. I do not believe daryl owns adventtalk. Obviously it is safe to admit he is administrator,but that wasn't the question.
One no one wants to answer, instead focusing on the one asking the question. I had foolishly still believed a straightforward asnwer would be giving and ownership clarified.

I need to remember those that profess much usually have little of substance.

Do not fear the heathen outside the door,fear the christian that shares your church pew with you.

I would certainly think it prudent that no one uses their PM's on adventtalk. I believe it fairly certain that there is another party behind the curtain that has acess to all and of course that means your PM
Fran

Post by Fran »

Bonnie;

Daryl did answer you. He told you the truth.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

]Bonnie;

No Fran,Daryl did not answer. He told me the obvious and then closed the thread.
Who is administrator and who operates adventtalk is very obvious. I was not asking the obvious. Nor am I asking what may be made to be true after this. I am quite sure it is possible to erect the truth as some may want it to read at this time

Who owns adventtalk?

There have been far to many times that issues concerning Bob and Gailon should have had them banned,banned as quickly as they bann everyone else.
Nasty accusations, those that are put out there with dubious origins are praised by others on the forum if the nastiness has come from a anti-3ABN member.

Mustn't give the link to here and yet lookie who has done so more than once.

This is the same thing as rubbernecking on someone's phone call. You are dealing with someone you trust on the phone,unaware that someone that wants information on you is rubbernecking with your permission.

Members would be a little dim witted at this point to even think of trusting pm's
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

God does not like liars.

The serial bully displays behaviour congruent with many of the diagnostic criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Characterised by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity and self-importance, need for admiration, and lack of empathy, people with narcissistic personality disorder overestimate their abilities and inflate their accomplishments, often appearing boastful and pretentious, whilst correspondingly underestimating and devaluing the achievements and accomplishments of others.

Often the narcissist will fraudulently claim to have qualifications or experience or affiliations or associations which they don't have or aren't entitled to. Belief in superiority, inflating their self-esteem to match that of senior or important people with whom they associate or identify, insisting on having the "top" professionals or being affiliated with the "best" institutions, but criticising the same people who disappoint them are also common features of narcissistic personality disorder.

Narcissists react angrily to criticism and when rejected, the narcissist will often denounce the profession which has rejected them (usually for lack of competence or misdeed) but simultaneously and paradoxically represent themselves as belonging to the profession they are vilifying.

Fragile self-esteem, a need for constant attention and admiration, fishing for compliments (often with great charm), an expectation of superior entitlement, expecting others to defer to them, and a lack of sensitivity especially when others do not react in the expected manner, are also hallmarks of the disorder. Greed, expecting to receive before and above the needs of others, overworking those around them, and forming romantic (sic) or sexual relationships for the purpose of advancing their purpose or career, abusing special privileges and squandering extra resources also feature.

People with narcissistic personality disorder also have difficulty recognizing the needs and feelings of others, and are dismissive, contemptuous and impatient when others share or discuss their concerns or problems. They are also oblivious to the hurtfulness of their behaviour or remarks, show an emotional coldness and a lack of reciprocal interest, exhibit envy (especially when others are accorded recognition), have an arrogant, disdainful and patronizing attitude, and are quick to blame and criticise others when their needs and expectations are not met.

The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Narcissistic Personality Disorder are:

A. A pervasive pattern of grandiosity, need for admiration, lack of empathy, as indicated by at least five of:

1. a grandiose sense of self-importance
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that she is "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, ie unreasonable expectations of especially favourable treatment or automatic compliance with her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, ie takes advantage of others to achieve her own ends
7. lacks empathy and is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviours or attitudes

Munchausen Syndrome and
Munchausen Syndrome By Proxy (MSBP)
Factitious disorder, factitious disorder by proxy
Munchausen Syndrome is an attention-seeking personality disorder which is more common than statistics suggest. Munchausen Syndrome, named after a German soldier renowned for exaggerated tales, is a predominantly female disorder in which an emotionally immature person with narcissistic tendencies, low self-esteem and a fragile ego has an overwhelming need to draw attention to herself and to be the centre of attention.

In Munchausen Syndrome, this is achieved by capitalising on, exploiting, exaggerating or feigning illness or injury or personal misfortune. The opportunities for being centre of attention can be increased if feigning victimhood through alleged victimisation, isolation, exclusion or persecution is added to the equation; the Munchausen person can then depict another person (often a family member) as a victimiser or persecutor and herself as the victim. Presenting herself as a false victim is also a Munchausen trait.

The serial bully's fear of exposure is reminiscent of Paranoid Personality Disorder, a pattern of pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent. An inability to trust, doubts about others' loyalty, distortion and fabrication, misinterpretation, and bearing grudges unnecessarily are hallmarks of the disorder. Pathological jealousy, instinctive aggressive counter-attack, the need to control others, and the gathering of trivial or circumstantial "evidence" to support their jealous beliefs also feature.

The DSM-IV Diagnostic Criteria for Paranoid Personality Disorder are:

A. A pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their motives are interpreted as malevolent as indicated by at least four of:

1. suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting, harming or deceiving him or her
2. is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or trustworthiness of friends or associates
3. is unwilling to confide in others because of unwarranted fear that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
4. reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign remarks or events
5. persistently bears grudges, ie is unforgiving of (perceived) insults, injuries or slights
6. perceives attacks on her character or reputation that are not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to counter-attack
7. has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding the fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

B. Does not occur exclusively during a course of schizophrenia, mood disorder, etc

In many cases, the serial bully appears to select targets in the order of the serial bully's perception of danger of exposure of inadequacy.

Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. Ignorance is sometimes misinterpreted as a synonym of stupidity, and is as thus often taken as an insult.

In many cases ignorance is seen as a pleasant alternative to harsh reality.

Willful ignorance (or vincible ignorance) is a bad faith decision to avoid becoming informed about something so as to avoid having to make undesirable decisions that such information might prompt.
Arrogance (Ar"ro*gance) (#), n.
[F., fr. L. arrogantia, fr. arrogans. See Arrogant.]

The act or habit of arrogating, or making undue claims in an overbearing manner; that species of pride which consists in exorbitant claims of rank, dignity, estimation, or power, or which exalts the worth or importance of the person to an undue degree; proud contempt of others; lordliness; haughtiness; self-assumption; presumption.

Noun1.delusions of grandeur - a delusion (common in paranoia) that you are much greater and more powerful and influential than you really aredelusion, psychotic belief - (psychology) an erroneous belief that is held in the face of evidence to the contrarymegalomania - a psychological state characterized by delusions of grandeur
Last edited by Cynthia on Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:44 am America/Denver, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed offtopic statement which is included in and addressed in the split topic.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

Fran wrote:Bonnie;

When I first heard this I thought there was a mistake. Sometimes between 1-2-3 something gets left out that makes a great deal of difference. I am completely convinced that Daryl denied ownership to church leaders in his area.

This makes it a no-brainer that someone else owns adventtalk.
If it becomes a real issue of interest the truth can be obtained. It may very well be in this case. There can only be one truth and will it be told when there are ways of finding out if people are being truthful.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

I don't expect Bob or Snoopy to answer,but thought I would ask.

Precise Bob and snoopy, aren't you the two that has harped on openess and tranparency. Seems that may not involve adventtalk
Penny

Post by Penny »

The domain name is registered under my name and Advent Talk is managed by me as the Administrator, however, I consider Advent Talk to be actually committee owned and team operated in the sense that, I, as the Administrator, and the Forum Moderators, manage Advent Talk together. This is why we use the Report System of reporting posts, which we work as an Admin Team.
Some quick analysis of this statement:
I consider Advent Talk to be actually committee owned and team operated
1. The question that's being asked is not "who does Daryl consider to own and operate AT", but rather who (or who all) actually owns the site.
2. What does he mean by "actually committee owned"?
3. If that is the case, then who are the members of this "committee"?
I, as the Administrator, and the Forum Moderators, manage Advent Talk together.
Isn't this how many, if not most, of these types of sites managed? Nevertheless, the question is not who "manages" but rather, who "owns"?
This is why we use the Report System of reporting posts, which we work as an Admin Team.
Below are just a few of the "respectful" comments that still see the light of day over at ATalk...
And another question arises, did Mollie Steenson do an investigation or simply carry out the will of her bosses(ie: the executioner)?
You remain delusional!!!. Consider a psychiatrist to deal with your ISSUES!!!
...The try the same trash on a Federal Jury!!!
It is with contempt that I even breathe your family name.
Really, is this "respectful" discussion? Why is this allowed on a site that claims it exists "For respectfully discussing any issues and concerns pertaining to 3ABN"? Is it because these posts are not "reported"? Grief - disrespectful discussion, name-calling and the like should be removed regardless of whether or not it is reported.

Odie - thanks for persisting on this matter.
(edited to change the word "These" to "Below").
Penny
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

I consider Advent Talk to be actually committee owned and team operated
1. The question that's being asked is not "who does Daryl consider to own and operate AT", but rather who (or who all) actually owns the site.
2. What does he mean by "actually committee owned"?
3. If that is the case, then who are the members of this "committee"? [/quote]

The answer is quite carefully crafted .

This is why we use the Report System of reporting posts, which we work as an Admin Team.
This also would explain why so many of the offensive posts reported have not only remained but reports totoally ignored
Below are just a few of the "respectful" comments that still see the light of day over at ATalk...
The examples you posted is very common "christian" speak on adventtalk.
Maybe some of you understand the term "coat holders"

And another question arises, did Mollie Steenson do an investigation or simply carry out the will of her bosses(ie: the executioner)?
You remain delusional!!!. Consider a psychiatrist to deal with your ISSUES!!!
...The try the same trash on a Federal Jury!!!
It is with contempt that I even breathe your family name.
Really, is this "respectful" discussion? Why is this allowed on a site that claims it exists "For respectfully discussing any issues and concerns pertaining to 3ABN"? Is it because these posts are not "reported"? Grief - disrespectful discussion, name-calling and the like should be removed regardless of whether or not it is reported.

Maybe Precise Bob is only talking of one side being respectful and the other side doing whatever it wishes.

Even tho some of the moderators may not realize, everyone has seen the behaviour posted here.
Many times I have seen them reading a thread that defies reason that it should remain.
What I find really disturbing is Daryl of course cannot be ignorant of ownership,and those rushing in to condemn and defend the actions in question. Johann is particularily disturbing. He was uncommittal in his answer but wanted to steer it to a flase rumor concerning C/A.
I would just be very careful using pm's. If Bob is the secret owner he has all the acess Daryl has,I I would not trust Bob to the end of my very short driveway. The same holds true for any that have knowledge of this deceit and have participated or remained silent
Donna

Post by Donna »

This thread is about who owns Advent talk and while you have spoken well on the subject you still tend to confuse the issue as in the following statement:
Frankly I think this applies to not only DS and LS as well as others on the other side.
Here you spoke like you had been talking about those who are connected to 3ABN and those who defend it. Will you please clarify.
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.