Daryl Fawcett resigns

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cilghal

Re: Daryl Fawcett resigns

Post by Cilghal »

odie1962 wrote:
Interesting question. Is there a reason you do not ask this at Adventtalk where Johan could answer rather than asking it here where i assume he is not a member?
Those kind of questions are not appreciated on the forum that has as a concern "Free Speech Under Attack"
Oh, I thought it was because you thought it might be seen as an attack on administrative decisions. After all Johann is on the team:

Johann
Group: Admin Team
Veteran Member

After all if a barney fife comment almost immediately disappears into "the cloud" one can only imagine how one of the moderators would rationalize why your statement should be given similar attention. After all they would not want to show any bias. :lol:
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

Oh, I thought it was because you thought it might be seen as an attack on administrative decisions. After all Johann is on the team:
Johann
Group: Admin Team
Veteran Member
After all if a barney fife comment almost immediately disappears into "the cloud" one can only imagine how one of the moderators would rationalize why your statement should be given similar attention. After all they would not want to show any bias. :lol:

Trust me, free speech applies to the devote few that bend the knee,genuflecting to Gailon and Bob.

One of the times I was banned was because I asked Bob privately if he would like to be guest of honor at a roast of him similar to what he was currently doing to another.

Seems he did not think it fair we discuss Bob in the same manner Bob was discussing someone else. This was in pm to him and within minutes I was banned.
So go quietly to that good forum and genuflect before you post and thank them sincerely for allowing you on the board they have opened to the public
Cilghal

Post by Cilghal »

One rule I have not yet seen there is what happens to a moderator or someone on the "admin team" that complains about the post or administrative action of another moderator. I guess Daryl decided to leave rather than test what they would do. :o
Cilghal

Post by Cilghal »

Cilghal wrote:
Stan wrote:My opinion of Daryl has moved up several notches for being willing to do that..

Out of the septic tank into the light..

Well done MR FAWCETT, I commend you..

Courage

Stan
So what do you think of the idea of interviewing Daryl? His knees might yet be a bit wobbly after his ordeal but his experiences might shed some light on that tank that no one else can provide. I was quite interested in his statement that not only was he prepared to allow at Maritime respectful discussion of 3abn but also Bob and Joy.
Sorry Stan, I guess unless Daryl is prepared to be banned by his former admin team he cannot go to CA and talk about his experience there. It will be interesting how he handles respectful discussion at Maritime about Bob and Joy when the conversation inevitably will turn to discussion about the admin action at Astalk.

After he found himself banned, he most likely would then have to watch via a proxie while they turned on him and at the same time post taunts asking why was he not responding. I doubt that is something he is ready for but previously was unable to prevent.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

o what do you think of the idea of interviewing Daryl? His knees might yet be a bit wobbly after his ordeal but his experiences might shed some light on that tank that no one else can provide. I was quite interested in his statement that not only was he prepared to allow at Maritime respectful discussion of 3abn but also Bob and Joy.
Sorry Stan, I guess unless Daryl is prepared to be banned by his former admin team he cannot go to CA and talk about his experience there. It will be interesting how he handles respectful discussion at Maritime about Bob and Joy when the conversation inevitably will turn to discussion about the admin action at Astalk.

After he found himself banned, he most likely would then have to watch via a proxie while they turned on him and at the same time post taunts asking why was he not responding. I doubt that is something he is ready for but previously was unable to prevent.[/quote]

Personally I believe there will be a lot less banning as the lightbulb goes on. There was no reason to lift the ban for me,I never requested any lifting of the bann.

Without opposition to keep a juicy tidbit going it soon falls flat. They can only bring in so many new faces to cover the old and keep talking to themselves.

They can only take from here so much and then that falls flat.

Johann my have been reduced in importance as well. Now either he is the owner :lol: or the troop has taken over his function as mod. If you note it only lists Chrissie,Emma,Artiste and of course the sweet snoopy as moderating any of the fourms.
They should have a grand time
Cilghal

Post by Cilghal »

It does not seem that Johann is reduced in importance at all. Instead he has become quite active now that Daryl has left. I wonder if Daryl will allow polite discussion at Maritime about why Johann would remotely think the email was actually written by Dan Shelton. I received numerous dire warnings the past 90 days and I passed a few of them on to people. All it would take is someone removing the headers and it would appear I had written in. Surely, Johann is not that naive or desperate to generate conversation.
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Cilghal wrote:It does not seem that Johann is reduced in importance at all. Instead he has become quite active now that Daryl has left. I wonder if Daryl will allow polite discussion at Maritime about why Johann would remotely think the email was actually written by Dan Shelton. I received numerous dire warnings the past 90 days and I passed a few of them on to people. All it would take is someone removing the headers and it would appear I had written in. Surely, Johann is not that naive or desperate to generate conversation.

hmmm...

I believe Bob Pickle was removed some time back, but I wonder if Johann is still a moderator of the 3abn forums on Maritime?

I'd also like to take this opportunity to welcome Daryl Fawcett as one of our newest members here.

Welcome Daryl. I, for one, am very interested in what you may have to say here.

..ian
~ Cindy
steffan

Re: Daryl Fawcett new resolution

Post by steffan »

Daryl said
I am moving back to a very controlled environment similar to what it was prior to opening it up as it was at Black SDA. I hope the same thing is respectfully done here at Advent Talk.
I wish you all the best in that effort, and I mean that sincerely.
proffaberf451

Re: Daryl Fawcett new resolution

Post by proffaberf451 »

Daryl Fawcett quoted from adventalk.com wrote: Emma,

That is why documentation of what is said is so very important.

I consider as fact the testimonial of two or more eye-witnesses who are both saying the same thing. I also consider the statement of one eye-witness, as long as there isn't another eye-witness saying something different. That is when another type of evidence is needed.

I consider as fact statements that can be documented as evidence that will back up the statement as being true.
Interesting statements, Daryl.

Has there ever been an instance of an "eye-witness" not telling the truth, either via an outright lie or by conveniently leaving out critical bits of information? We know by the evidence of his own words that RP has done, at least the later of those two, on more than one occasion. If the "eye-witness" has a personal agenda is there any chance they will edit the events so that they cast one or the other parties involved in a negative light so as to achieve the goals of their agenda?

The only way for "eye-witness" testimony to hold the type of credibility you are appropriating to it is for those witnesses to testify under oath, either on a witness stand or in deposition. If you have a sworn statement, you have something that might be getting close to the truth of a matter.

Additionally, there have been a myriad of cases in the courts where eye-witnesses to an event give contradicting testimony. Each individual observing said event at the same time sees it differently, both literally and perceptually. They process the event and interpret it based on their own internal processes and come up with recollections or interpretations of an event that are, not minimally, but significantly different.

So, that leaves the question . . . What criteria will you use in determining what stays and what goes, what is fact and what is gossip? Will your choices rely solely on your personal animosity toward Danny and 3ABN, or will you use a more fair and unbiased approach?

- prof
proffaberf451

Post by proffaberf451 »

I am going to follow-up my last post with a question.

Daryl, since there seems to be a disparity in your comments about your connection to the Adventalk.com site, I am wondering if you can put the question to rest. A poster who went by the moniker "anyman" asked you if you were the owner of the site as appears to have been indicated in Whois information and comments by other posters or were you correct when you indicated to your conference President that you did not have that type of connection to the adventalk site?

If you were not the owner then who is? Since you no longer administrate the site and have severed formal connections to the site, other than posting as a member, it should be possible for you to clear up this question.

Why would this be important, you ask? Since their appearance on the public landscape GAJ/RP, Inc. have made it their practice to legitimize their activities by trying to weave together a tapestry of motive that they then wrap up all of 3ABN and Danny Shelton's actions in an attempt to create a public perception that would then cast them (GAJ/RP, Inc.) as righteous crusaders. They have continually claimed to know the motive of every individual they have attacked and/or vilified and, with no great surprise it is always an unchristian motivation. So you see, motivation is a consideration that has played a large role.

It has also played a role in determining the veracity and validity of the claims being made by GAJ/RP, Inc. On numerous occassions GAJ has indicated that monetary gain was his motivation - either gain for himself or the purported "victims" he has so gleefully taken under his wing. There is of course the potential fame as motivation, that has been evident most recently in RP's call to his adherents to get him air time or column inches with a variety of media outlets (interesting that he didn't include Hope and Blue Mountain in his list - maybe they are to inferior to be considered). Lastly, for the aforementioned adherents, we have an obvious motivation of revenge.

So, in order to weigh the true import of the Adventalk site one needs to know who is the owner, the one paying the bill each month, so as to use that in determining the true level of trustworthiness of the site.

Unless you signed an agreement of confidentiality upon relinquishing your administrative role at Adventalk you should be able to answers these questions and help paint a clearer picture of the truth.

- prof