Daryl Fawcett resigns

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

Daryl Fawcett resigns

Post by Cynthia »

This, just posted in the "Forum Announcements" section of the "Welcome & Information Category" on AdventTalk.com
Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Veteran Member

Owner and Administrative Changes
« on: November, 05, 2008 at 01:05:26 PM »

This is to notify everybody that I am giving up the ownership of Advent Talk as well as being involved in any way with the administrative decisions of Advent Talk.

I pray that the new administration will moderate Advent Talk without any bias.

I did my best without success to try to see that the forums were moderated fairly towards all members of Advent Talk.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:09:28 PM by Daryl Fawcett »
Well.. all I can say is.. there seems to be a lot said there in just a few words, and..

good for him.
~ Cindy
odie1962

Re: Daryl Fawcett resigns

Post by odie1962 »

This, just posted in the "Forum Announcements" section of the "Welcome & Information Category" on AdventTalk.com
Daryl Fawcett
Administrator
Veteran Member

Owner and Administrative Changes
« on: November, 05, 2008 at 01:05:26 PM »

This is to notify everybody that I am giving up the ownership of Advent Talk as well as being involved in any way with the administrative decisions of Advent Talk.

I pray that the new administration will moderate Advent Talk without any bias.

I did my best without success to try to see that the forums were moderated fairly towards all members of Advent Talk.

« Last Edit: Today at 01:09:28 PM by Daryl Fawcett »
Well.. all I can say is.. there seems to be a lot said there in just a few words, and..

good for him.

Maybe he should have renewed his rabies shot before running with a pack of rabid SDA's
Donna

Post by Donna »

Am praising the Lord for Daryl's making this decision.
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

Am praising the Lord for Daryl's making this decision.

HOw can Daryl give ownership of something he doesn't own. Or was it a lie when he told the conference official he was not owner?
While it may be a good thing that Daryl has removed himself,it is now likely to become more of a free for all than ever.
I wonder if the new owner or the actual owner will step up and be known.

I just don't think that this whole mess is going to go away soon. Gailon enjoys it far to much as Bob enjoys the praise and adoration, Bob has decided he doesn't need regular employment and seems the same with Gailon.
They have smelled the blood of retreat in 3ABN . I also believe they have their eye on the goal. That is money and lots of it.

odie
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

odie1962 wrote:
HOw can Daryl give ownership of something he doesn't own. Or was it a lie when he told the conference official he was not owner?
Good question.

I think it likely the Advent Talk forum was registered in the same way that it was claimed in court,( and recorded in the various PACER documents from the bankruptcy case by both Pickle and Joy) that the save-3abn website of theirs was registered.

In that situation Bob Pickle registered it, but he did so in Gailon Joy's name. So using that technicality they each denied that they really owned it when convienient, and the situation seemed to warrant it while at the same time each fought to retain it as theirs when the situation seemed to warrant it in the court case. All while refusing to answer the straight question of who owned it when asked that on the discussion forums.

It seems likely that Pickle actually registered 'adventtalk' , but he did so in Daryl Fawcett's name rather than his own, thus Daryl could say it wasn't really his, and now say he want's his name off...

It all smacks of playing word games, and being dishonest to me, but then Pickle and co excel at that, imo...

There is an ongoing discussion about this in another thread:

Who owns AdventTalk?

Odie wrote: While it may be a good thing that Daryl has removed himself,it is now likely to become more of a free for all than ever.
Agreed, although I believe Daryl's sense of fairness and conscience was affected by the company he kept and their majority vote, he did offer some restraint, now they will have none... and I noticed Snoopy is back as a moderator already.

That had to be frustrating, but I also think Daryl's conference has something to do with this, they aren't too happy with his involvement on that forum and in this mess, and that is only going to be worse I am thinking if Pickle Joy and company are now intent on the various lawsuits and filing of claims, and publicity etc as they are threatening and boasting about.
Odie wrote: I wonder if the new owner or the actual owner will step up and be known.
Going by their past behavior it seems unlikely to me that either Pickle or Joy, or any of their posse is going to step forward and admit in a straightforward and upfront manner that AdventTalk is their baby. They demand answers and info, but have so far not demonstrated that they can give that themselves in answer to any direct questions put to them.
Odie wrote: I just don't think that this whole mess is going to go away soon....
Me neither, but I think that they,or at least AdventTalk, should be left alone in their forum and allowed to showcase their mess and reveal the ugliness that festers there all by themselves.

Anything which can or needs to be addressed or rebutted can obviously be done here, and as they like to pretend this forum doesn't exist that works nicely for us.

They will either alienate all who go there, or dry up without arguments or opposition to feed on and no one to attack, except themselves. Old and repetitious arguments, accusations, and insinuations don't go far when you are just talking to yourselves, and going in endless circles...

Anyway, my two cents.

Have a good day all. smile.

..ian
~ Cindy
steffan

Post by steffan »

They will either alienate all who go there,
For starters, they seem to have alienated princessdi, who was disgusted by their rascism.
They turned on calvin (who, if he is the same one as owner of bsda, was fair enough to allow them to vent on the site) once he decided to close down discussion.
They turned on Gregory Mathews, (ex)advisor to Linda, (and once, part of their team), when he disagreed with them.
They turned on Barbara Kerr, once she reported she "came to know some disturbing information" when she was in Norway being treated by the "doctor"
They turned on friends, who they thought, "outed" them, when in fact, those same friends did NOT out them but held their identity secret.

"By their fruits ye shall know them"

Keep it up, PickledJoy supporters, your own venom poisons you.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Odie--that is what I was wondering too. How could Daryl give up "ownership" and "administration" of that forum? When asked who the owner was, he said it was a group and refused to be straight-forward in his answers but instead was evasive. No doubt his Conference official is reading here and knows exactly what is going on.

I am glad Daryl F. resigned but it would be interesting to know the real reasons. :D
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

Odie--that is what I was wondering too. How could Daryl give up "ownership" and "administration" of that forum? When asked who the owner was, he said it was a group and refused to be straight-forward in his answers but instead was evasive. No doubt his Conference official is reading here and knows exactly what is going on.

I am glad Daryl F. resigned but it would be interesting to know the real reasons. :D
It may be because Daryl is more sensitive to his standing in the SDA community. That is not something that interferes Bob,Gailon and snoopy
proffaberf451

Post by proffaberf451 »

odie1962 wrote:It may be because Daryl is more sensitive to his standing in the SDA community. That is not something that interferes Bob,Gailon and snoopy
The questions that need answering are:

1. Who registered the domain name?
2. Who pays the yearly fee for owning the domain name?
3. Who set up the forum?
4. Who administers the forum and how is that done?

and what I think is the more important question . . .

5. Who pays the monthly fees for maintaining the forum. Who is writing the check to Blue Host?

But, they will not answer, here or there, as those who know they are wrong act in cowardly ways.

- prof
Echo

Post by Echo »

proffaberf451 wrote:
odie1962 wrote:It may be because Daryl is more sensitive to his standing in the SDA community. That is not something that interferes Bob,Gailon and snoopy
The questions that need answering are:

1. Who registered the domain name?
2. Who pays the yearly fee for owning the domain name?
3. Who set up the forum?
4. Who administers the forum and how is that done?

and what I think is the more important question . . .

5. Who pays the monthly fees for maintaining the forum. Who is writing the check to Blue Host?

But, they will not answer, here or there, as those who know they are wrong act in cowardly ways.

- prof
Hey Proffaber...

You know, this whole "will not answer" thingie might be a part of their "clever" legal strategy... sort of like holding a few aces up their sleeves during a poker game.

Do they realize that such behavior sometimes looks like cheating?

Daryl Fawcett knows the truth of the matter. Was he simply the "Front Man"? Did he get tired of being used?

What I sincerely hope is that Daryl has opened his eyes to the true characters of those he was aiding.

Echo