Now allegations about Doug Bachelor

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

odie1962

Re: Now allegations about Doug Bachelor

Post by odie1962 »

Stan wrote:I have read poems and listened to songs that I feel were inspired.. that in no way indicates that every song or every poem the person wrote I deem as inspired..

We are not a once save always saved person. or a once inspired everything inspired.. I do not agree with what BP is doing now, that does not mean I do not respect what he did in the past.

Stan, I am not disputing your first answer to my question. I did not know what you meant,so I asked.OK? I do know we are not a once saved always saved denomination.
I don't really care what he did before,what is being done now is the issue. I didn't suggest you take him out and shoot him at dawn.
I don't even believe he is always wrong in what he accuses off. It is the games and pretense.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Back to my question....

I know some of the things Bob has done..

BUT what has JOY done?

Does Joy have active Church membership and if so where?

Are they related?
DMundall

Post by DMundall »

Stan wrote:Back to my question....

I know some of the things Bob has done..

BUT what has JOY done?

Does Joy have active Church membership and if so where?

Are they related?
Good questions Stan. I am aware that Bob has done some things for the church, and I suppose the church would consider them to be good things.

Joy? I don't have any idea, but I am quite firmly convinced that the people who have done the most and the best for God will be the ones whose actions are not, and will never known by others until we are on the other side. Those who try to do huge things and who use every possible platform to make sure everyone knows about them, and make sure that through their orgs and base of adherents they receive public praise and laud for their great works, and put their faces on billboards, magazines, TV and everywhere else they can, remind me of a biblical passage that says that those who the great judge throws into outer darkness will be the ones who were doing great things and good deeds in His name, while those he takes into the kingdom are the ones who didn't even know that they were doing anything for God at all, but were just trying to help people in their temporal issues without any thought of doing anything for God. Not saying that Gailon is God's gift to earth in any way or has done any good deeds ever, but just saying that public knowledge of good deeds, or the lack thereof has nothing to do with whether there have or have not been any, and some of the finest people out there will make sure their good deeds are never known except to the people who they did them for.

As to church membership, a person who I know of who never sought publicity, wealth, power, or influence for herself and had a problem with it being forced on her, yet devoted her life completely to helping people, was Mother Theresa. She lived and died without wealth and the noteriety she got was never sought. She lived and died in abject poverty, just like Jesus did, and without ever puting herself in a position to receive praise or recognition for the good she did. To me she was a true saint, and will always be one of the greatest heroes of my life. Not only was she not an SDA member, but she struggled with the very existence of God, yet she completely devoted herself to helping people with their temporal needs and would go to the ends of the earth to get what was needed to make the lives of others beeter than the one she lived.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

1.Good questions Stan. I am aware that Bob has done some things for the church, and I suppose the church would consider them to be good things.

Joy? I don't have any idea, but I am quite firmly convinced that the people who have done the most and the best for God will be the ones whose actions are not, and will never known by others until we are on the other side.

I know this is not the humor forum but please tell me that was a little oversight on your part. If Joy has thought of doing it, imagines himself doing it,or plans on doing it in the future everyone is told time and time again about the greatness of this man. Based mainly on the praise gailon reserves for himself and those that bend the knee when he posts.

2 Those who try to do huge things and who use every possible platform to make sure everyone knows about them, and make sure that through their orgs and base of adherents they receive public praise and laud for their great works, and put their faces on billboards, magazines, TV and everywhere else they can

Now you are describing the Gailon we all know and love? With the exception of the billboards what an apt description.

3. remind me of a biblical passage that says that those who the great judge throws into outer darkness will be the ones who were doing great things and good deeds in His name, while those he takes into the kingdom are the ones who didn't even know that they were doing anything for God at all, but were just trying to help people in their temporal issues without any thought of doing anything for God.

All you have to do is read Gailon's posts to know this was meant as a funny
.......ones who didn't even know that they were doing anything for God at all, but were just trying to help people in their temporal issues without any thought of doing anything for God. As anyone knows Gailon knows and makes sure everyone else does as well.

4 Not saying that Gailon is God's gift to earth in any way or has done any good deeds ever, but just saying that public knowledge of good deeds, or the lack thereof has nothing to do with whether there have or have not been any, and some of the finest people out there will make sure their good deeds are never known except to the people who they did them for.

Wheww,that is a relief ,I have heard tell God has sent Gailon on this mission and thought for a minute you did believe he was God's gift to earth

5.As to church membership, a person who I know of who never sought publicity, wealth, power, or influence for herself and had a problem with it being forced on her, yet devoted her life completely to helping people, was Mother Theresa. She lived and died without wealth and the noteriety she got was never sought. She lived and died in abject poverty, just like Jesus did, and without ever puting herself in a position to receive praise or recognition for the good she did. To me she was a true saint, and will always be one of the greatest heroes of my life. Not only was she not an SDA member, but she struggled with the very existence of God, yet she completely devoted herself to helping people with their temporal needs and would go to the ends of the earth to get what was needed to make the lives of others beeter than the one she lived.

Your answer has what to do with the question? Are you claming the status of another Mother Theresa for Gailon, or simply dodging his church membership issue question?
steffan

Post by steffan »

DMundall wrote: Good questions Stan. I am aware that Bob has done some things for the church, and I suppose the church would consider them to be good things.
I thought till last night that PickledBob might have done one good thing for the church but now I realize even that was pointless. What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Ellen G White addressed that question a full 140 years before it was even raised. PickledBob has been trying since then to publicise his work but, no surprise, nobody's interested.

It says a lot about this pathetic man's need for attention that he would
a. ask his followers to call the TV shows and offer himself for interviews
b. ask 3ABN to interview him as one of the conditions for stopping his slimy slander. That one really boggles the mind.
c. neglect his family to investigate everybody else's "sin"

Should I drop a word or two about delinquent child support obligations, I wonder? Of course, not connected to PickledBob, but people who seem to have all the external trappings of "Christianity" but are filthy graves on the inside...
Stan

Post by Stan »

Reason why I was asking was this.

Experience has taught me the people who take the mic all the time ( A general Statement) at Church Business Meetings, Conference sessions etc generally give $1 a week or so, equal to the amount, in my opinion their noise is often worth.

Someone who gives a lot, and really believes in something, I generally take a lot more serious, when they speak.

I just am interested on where Joy fits in, does he believe in the Church even enough to be an active member? Or is he a 'pay attention to me for I am wise' kind of person.

AND he very well my be a strong supporter, I am just interested in how to view his statements..