Bible quotations misapplied

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

steffan

Bible quotations misapplied

Post by steffan »

Hmm...let's see. Was Jesus sending messages all around Gaililee, demanding that the Pharisees be removed from their positions? Did He continuously harp on everybody's sins? .. PickledJoy's "team" ... do that. And what makes it worse, is that these are allegations, not even truth

Jesus said what He had to say but did not go around campaigning that the "leaders" of His time should be removed.

Of course, Jesus could say what He said because He was not
a. a convicted embezzler (people might want to recall that His betrayer was an embezzler)
b. a documented perjurer
c. a documented liar
d. a stalker, who if there nothing to hide from, would not have been found hiding in a ditch from the police
e. an unethical and sanctioned medical doctor
f. a writer of sleazy "fictional" narratives
g. a retired pastor who was a documented liar
h. someone who neglected his family while busy pointing out sin in others
i. a wanna-be movie maker who wished to film a dying baby.
j. someone who would rabidly turn on His former "friends"

Over on [NOT]Advent, Eduard Hanganu writes
Matt 23:31-33 "Therefore you are witnesses against yourselves that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. Fill up, then, the measure of your fathers' guilt. Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?"

Matt 23:13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men; for you neither go in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in."

Mark 7:5-7 He answered and said to them, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: 'This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'

Matt 23:25-26 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of extortion and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee, first cleanse the inside of the cup and dish, that the outside of them may be clean also.

Matt 23:27-29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which indeed appear beautiful outwardly, but inside are full of dead men's bones and all uncleanness. Even so you also outwardly appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.
Last edited by Cynthia on Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:14 am America/Denver, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ROC 1