Motion to oppose PickledJoy's costs filed

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

Pickle and Joy's Motion for costs DENIED

Post by Cynthia »

Pickle and Joy's Motion for costs was denied by the Massachusetts court yesterday.

The Judges decision is longer than usual. You can read it in the PACER section here.
Defendant's Motion to Impose Costs is DENIED

No doubt Pickle and Joy will try to get the appeal court to overturn that ruling next.

I don't see them succeeding. It was most interesting to me to read this from Judge Saylor:
There is nothing in the record to suggest that the plaintiffs filed this suit simply to harass, embarrass, or abuse the defendants or that they sought to increase their costs...
That seems to specifically contradict the assertions and arguments Pickle/Joy are trying to make in their appeal case...

..ian
~ Cindy
Penny

Re: Pickle and Joy's Motion for costs DENIED

Post by Penny »

Synthian wrote:Pickle and Joy's Motion for costs was denied by the Massachusetts court yesterday.

The Judges decision is longer than usual. You can read it in the PACER section here.
Defendant's Motion to Impose Costs is DENIED

No doubt Pickle and Joy will try to get the appeal court to overturn that ruling next.

I don't see them succeeding. It was most interesting to me to read this from Judge Saylor:
There is nothing in the record to suggest that the plaintiffs filed this suit simply to harass, embarrass, or abuse the defendants or that they sought to increase their costs...
That seems to specifically contradict the assertions and arguments Pickle/Joy are trying to make in their appeal case...

..ian
Ian, thanks for keeping us updated with the decisions regarding this case. I appreciate that you post all the filings, paperwork, decisions of the court and etc without spin.

I'm putting my money on Pickle & Joy letting the matter die, licking their wounds and going after who all gave them misinformation to begin with. [:(
Penny
Cynthia

Re: Motion to oppose PickledJoy's costs filed

Post by Cynthia »

Not one person in Pickle and Joy's group has said one thing about losing the motion for costs in the thread about that on AT. Even Snoopy (who didn't get her expert fees paid by 3abn, and will have to go after the ones who hired her -Pickle and Joy- to get her 20 plus thousand dollars paid), only came to scold me about my edit note being too small.

But they have got active talking about and recycling all their previous accusations and slander instead. And as of this weekend Joy is also doing a lot of boasting, and still issuing dire threats on Adventtalk. It is my opinion that in addition to their claims being off base and false, the way they treat and talk to and about others is just pure evil.

But anyway, despite all their talk, it does not appear to me that things are going at all well for the duo, not only do they need to worry about losing their appeal case in wake of 3abn's brilliant appellate brief, but in addition to denying Pickle and Joy's Motion for costs last week. 2 days later Judge Saylor also denied their motion to file the remnant documents under seal.Of course they haven't mentioned that either...

The post about this is a new one in the Pacer section here:
Pickle/Joy and the Remnant Documents
~ Cindy
Donna

Post by Donna »

After having read the latest denied motion I have more understanding of why there has been the recent round of venom and anger on AT.

Donna
Synthian wrote:Not one person in Pickle and Joy's group has said one thing about losing the motion for costs in the thread about that on AT. Even Snoopy (who didn't get her expert fees paid by 3abn, and will have to go after the ones who hired her -Pickle and Joy- to get her 20 plus thousand dollars paid), only came to scold me about my edit note being too small.

But they have got active talking about and recycling all their previous accusations and slander instead. And as of this weekend Joy is also doing a lot of boasting, and still issuing dire threats on Adventtalk. It is my opinion that in addition to their claims being off base and false, the way they treat and talk to and about others is just pure evil.

But anyway, despite all their talk, it does not appear to me that things are going at all well for the duo, not only do they need to worry about losing their appeal case in wake of 3abn's brilliant appellate brief, but in addition to denying Pickle and Joy's Motion for costs last week. 2 days later Judge Saylor also denied their motion to file the remnant documents under seal.Of course they haven't mentioned that either...

"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Donna wrote:After having read the latest denied motion I have more understanding of why there has been the recent round of venom and anger on AT.

Donna

Me too :) but that still doesn't excuse it. :(

I am sorry that you got the reaction you did from them in your last post there. With that topic in mind here's a song just for you Mama. ( and any others who don't mind going off topic for a minute or two here.)

hugs from your,
Cindy
05 Send A Miracle.mp3
Praise and Prayer
(5.16 MiB) Downloaded 2463 times
~ Cindy
Donna

Post by Donna »

Sooo beautiful and a blessing and a reminder of how thankful we all should be for the many miracles of blessings from our Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you Lord and thank you Cindy.

Donna/Mama
Synthian wrote:
Donna wrote:After having read the latest denied motion I have more understanding of why there has been the recent round of venom and anger on AT.

Donna

Me too :) but that still doesn't excuse it. :(

I am sorry that you got the reaction you did from them in your last post there. With that topic in mind here's a song just for you Mama. ( and any others who don't mind going off topic for a minute or two here.)

hugs from your,
Cindy
05 Send A Miracle.mp3
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Sam

Post by Sam »

It has always amazed me that Snoopy wanted 3abn to pay her for trying to spy on them! Unbelievable that anyone's thinking could be that twisted. Of course, if it wasn't twisted, she wouldn't be involved in the Joy/Pickle sad saga.

Synthian wrote:Not one person in Pickle and Joy's group has said one thing about losing the motion for costs in the thread about that on AT. Even Snoopy (who didn't get her expert fees paid by 3abn, and will have to go after the ones who hired her -Pickle and Joy- to get her 20 plus thousand dollars paid), only came to scold me about my edit note being too small.

Donna

Post by Donna »

Sunny, I believe you have hit on an important issue....the character traits of all those involved in all of this. Our Lord Jesus Christ showed us, by His every word and action in His life, the character of God. The 10 commandments, His law of love, is of the same character. We read in God's Word, Mat 7:20 "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." We read in Gal. 5 what the works of the flesh are and what the fruit of the spirit is. If one looks up what each work of the flesh and fruit of the Spirit means in Strong's Concordance we have a better understanding of what our own character should or should not be. We are also better able to know the character traits of others as we see the proof of the fruits they show as to whether they be of God or no. Luk 6:45 " A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh." It is easier to understand then why we see the same character traits in those who work together.

The whole chapter of Eph. 4 is very good for all of us.

Donna
Sunny wrote:It has always amazed me that Snoopy wanted 3abn to pay her for trying to spy on them! Unbelievable that anyone's thinking could be that twisted. Of course, if it wasn't twisted, she wouldn't be involved in the Joy/Pickle sad saga.

Stan

Post by Stan »

So is it over? Has an appeal been filed?
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Stan wrote:So is it over? Has an appeal been filed?
I am not quite sure what you are asking about here.

The appeal of the dismissal of the lawsuit filed by Pickle and Joy is underway in the U.S. first circuit Court of appeals. Both they and 3abn have already filed their briefs (available here in our Pacer section) and after being granted and extension for time to file, Pickle and Joy's reply brief is now due on the 30th of this month. I believe that is all that needs to be done before it is taken befor the Judges.

As far as the rulings denying their motion for costs, or the motion to file the remnant documents under seal goes, nothing has been filed appealing that or asking for reconsideration etc that I can see. And what I consider even stranger, they have posted nothing, not a word about either of those things, nor have those documents been added to Pickle's website.
~ Cindy