Explanation of...Problems Within .. AdventTalk Admin...?

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

Explanation of...Problems Within .. AdventTalk Admin...?

Post by Cynthia »

From Advent Talk
Sub forum: Forum announcements
Topic: "Owner and Administrative Changes"
Daryl Fawcett Forum Administrator Veteran Member on November 05, 2008, 01:05:26 PM wrote:

This is to notify everybody that I am giving up the ownership of Advent Talk as well as being involved in any way with the administrative decisions of Advent Talk.

I pray that the new administration will moderate Advent Talk without any bias.

I did my best without success to try to see that the forums were moderated fairly towards all members of Advent Talk.

In His Love, Mercy, & Grace!

Daryl
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 01:09:28 PM by Daryl Fawcett »

From Maritime
Thread: My Relationship With Advent Talk & Their 3ABN Forums Announcement

Daryl Fawcett Site Administrator on 11/06/08 01:20 PM wrote:

This is to notify everybody here that, although I am still presently a member there, my administrative relationship with Advent Talk has ended.

If Advent Talk becomes a free-for-all forum in relation to how things are discussed there, and the consequences or non-consequences of such, I will also be severing my membership there and disallowing any links to them.

Right now I will be lurking there more to see how things go there than anything else.

With my deep involvement in Advent Talk behind me, I will be focusing more of my time here in what I feel can be respectfully discussed in regards to the issues involving Danny Shelton/3ABN and Joy/Pickle.

Daryl
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Re: Explanation of...Problems Within .. AdventTalk Admin...?

Post by Cynthia »

From AdventTalk...
Locked Thread: Explanation of Perceived Problems Within Former AdventTalk Administration
Louetta Westphal/Artiste Forum Moderator Veteran Memberon November 30, 2008, at 09:19:25 PM wrote:

Beginning November 5, 2008, with a post from a former AdventTalk administrator announcing a change in forum ownership, there have been intermittent posts on the forum that have indicated a need for further explanation of what actually took place.

It was noted that the former administrator has expressed some frustration with his inability to "fairly administrate" the forum.

Although it was attempted at the time to make the change in administration as smooth and noncontroversial as possible, it seems that controversy has resulted nonetheless, both on this forum and elsewhere.

Administrative problems surfaced months ago with the perceptions of some moderators that the administration was using an undesirable top-down method of dealing with staff that was inappropriate considering the level of professionalism as well as longterm church leadership positions that were represented by staff members.

Attempts to work out this discrepency was not dealt well with by administration; repeated attempts to improve the situation over an increasing number of months resulted in the situation worsening.

Adding to this problem was the criticism by administration that the moderators were biased in their moderating.

This was patently false, as can be seen if one goes back over the months and calculates the number of posts by 3ABN defenders that were insulting and inappropriate and went undisciplined compared to the number of AdventTalk supporter posts that expressed similarly critical and insulting comments.

When the problem finally reached an impasse, it was decided that a change of administration had become necessary so that order might be preserved on the forum.

The administrator was allowed to resign without recriminations being expressed publicly by the rest of the staff.

However, since the administrator felt the need to bring out criticisms of AdventTalk action and defenses for himself, it was determined that further explanations were needed, hence this post.

Please note that there is a forum rule against publicly discussing administrative actions.

Any questions regarding this post should be directed to administration by PM or email.
Last edited by Cynthia on Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:12 pm America/Denver, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: fixing quote boxes
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

All from Maritime:

All from the thread: Re: My Relationship With Advent Talk & Their 3ABN Forums
Daryl Fawcett Site Administrator on 12/02/08 11:45 AM wrote:
Getting back to the purpose of this thread, it seems that something was posted over at Advent Talk regarding this that may need a further response by me here, especially if what was posted there isn't corrected.

Daryl
Daryl Fawcett on 12/04/08 04:57 PM wrote:
This is what was publically posted over at Advent Talk and is definitely not the truth of the matter, which I will be clearing up in a future post:
Artiste on November 30, 2008 over at Advent Talk wrote:
Beginning November 5, 2008, with a post from a former AdventTalk administrator announcing a change in forum ownership, there have been intermittent posts on the forum that have indicated a need for further explanation of what actually took place.

It was noted that the former administrator has expressed some frustration with his inability to "fairly administrate" the forum.

Although it was attempted at the time to make the change in administration as smooth and noncontroversial as possible, it seems that controversy has resulted nonetheless, both on this forum and elsewhere.

Administrative problems surfaced months ago with the perceptions of some moderators that the administration was using an undesirable top-down method of dealing with staff that was inappropriate considering the level of professionalism as well as longterm church leadership positions that were represented by staff members.

Attempts to work out this discrepency was not dealt well with by administration; repeated attempts to improve the situation over an increasing number of months resulted in the situation worsening.

Adding to this problem was the criticism by administration that the moderators were biased in their moderating.

This was patently false, as can be seen if one goes back over the months and calculates the number of posts by 3ABN defenders that were insulting and inappropriate and went undisciplined compared to the number of AdventTalk supporter posts that expressed similarly critical and insulting comments.

When the problem finally reached an impasse, it was decided that a change of administration had become necessary so that order might be preserved on the forum.

The administrator was allowed to resign without recriminations being expressed publicly by the rest of the staff.

However, since the administrator felt the need to bring out criticisms of AdventTalk action and defenses for himself, it was determined that further explanations were needed, hence this post.

Please note that there is a forum rule against publicly discussing administrative actions.

Any questions regarding this post should be directed to administration by PM or email.

Daryl
Daryl Fawcett on 12/04/08 05:00 PM wrote:
I am presently allowing some time for that post to be either corrected or retracted, otherwise I will be responding to it with my account here of what happened there.

Daryl

[quote="Daryl Fawcett on 12/07/08 06:49 PM" "]

If nothing soon changes in relation to that post, I will begin by first relating the facts surrounding the facts about the purchase of the domain name and its actual ownership, etc., the account hosting it, the setting up of the admin team, etc.

In other words, I am planning to do this chronologically.

If they have the freedom as members of the present admin team to publically post confidential stuff, then I, as a former member of their admin team can do likewise.

Even though I feel I have given them enough time, I am not going to rush into this, as this isn't something that I want to do, I am giving them more time to do what they need to do.

Daryl [/quote]
~ Cindy
Cynthia

When is enough, enough, Daryl?

Post by Cynthia »

Synthian wrote:All from Maritime:

All from the thread: Re: My Relationship With Advent Talk & Their 3ABN Forums
Daryl Fawcett Site Administrator on 12/02/08 11:45 AM wrote:
Getting back to the purpose of this thread, it seems that something was posted over at Advent Talk regarding this that may need a further response by me here, especially if what was posted there isn't corrected.

Daryl
Daryl Fawcett on 12/04/08 05:00 PM wrote:
I am presently allowing some time for that post to be either corrected or retracted, otherwise I will be responding to it with my account here of what happened there.

Daryl

[quote="Daryl Fawcett on 12/07/08 06:49 PM" "]

If nothing soon changes in relation to that post, I will begin by first relating the facts surrounding the facts about the purchase of the domain name and its actual ownership, etc., the account hosting it, the setting up of the admin team, etc.

In other words, I am planning to do this chronologically.

If they have the freedom as members of the present admin team to publically post confidential stuff, then I, as a former member of their admin team can do likewise.

Even though I feel I have given them enough time, I am not going to rush into this, as this isn't something that I want to do, I am giving them more time to do what they need to do.

Daryl
[/quote]

Ok.. Artiste ( Lou Westphal) posted on November 30th.. It is now Dec 18th. No corrections or edits have been made. Is it time yet, Daryl? While I do understand the pressure and stress, and have every sympathy with how difficult it can be to moderate and attempt to run a forum fairly and not show bias or partiality to opposing parties, regardless of your own personal views and opinions, or the amount of sympathy/empathy you may have for those in your own camp, or the strong wills and opinions and views of all involved...

(on a humorous note: I also believe it can be compared to herding cats as others have said and brought up b4, but I digress...)

...anyway my point here is, while I do understand/sympathize/empathize... at the same time I would remind you --> right remains right, and wrong remains wrong, no matter which side does these things, or how we may personally think or feel, as those things can't be our standard.

AND --> It really doesn't reflect well on anyone to keep making endless threats or keep issuing ultimatums and never follow through on them, imo... I am also sure you can understand that...

I'm just sayin... and actually encouraging you to ----> Stand up. It gets easier as you go, I can promise you that. smile.

..ian
~ Cindy
Daryl Fawcett

Post by Daryl Fawcett »

Right now I have real life issues off the Internet that I am concerned about.

We by a sad decision on our part lost our dog of 14 years on December 17th and then not by choice we lost our precious cat of 11 years on December 18th.

They were like children to us.
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Daryl Fawcett wrote:Right now I have real life issues off the Internet that I am concerned about.

We by a sad decision on our part lost our dog of 14 years on December 17th and then not by choice we lost our precious cat of 11 years on December 18th.

They were like children to us.
I am so sorry, Daryl. I know that ache and how hard it is.
~ Cindy