Johann's question about Gospel Outreach

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Johann

Johann's question about Gospel Outreach

Post by Johann »

... What is 3ABN saying to the church by refusing to renew the contract with Gospel Outreach?
Last edited by Cynthia on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:52 am America/Denver, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: First 4 posts split from "Stop please" topic
The Red Baron

Re: Stop Please

Post by The Red Baron »

Johann wrote:...

What is 3ABN saying to the church by refusing to renew the contract with Gospel Outreach?
I have no way of knowing what the reasoning was behind not renewing the Gospel Outreach arrangement. I presume there is some ripe and juicy speculation. It appears that you are in the know in that regard. What exactly was the reason the arrangement wasn’t renewed? If you aren't 100% sure of the answer, the proper response is "I don't know."
steffan

Post by steffan »

Are you not happy that such a wonderful organization like Gospel Outreach is not being hosted on the "evil" 3ABN network? After all, if 3ABN is so evil, top to bottom, the less contact they have with your "approved" ministries, the better?
Johann wrote:...

What is 3ABN saying to the church by refusing to renew the contract with Gospel Outreach?
And are you sure that Gospel Outreach spends 4.68 million dollars on 3ABN?

guide4him writes
This denial of viewing opportunity will perhaps reveal how much our $46,800,00 expense yearly on 3ABN impacts our incoming donations.
Johann

Post by Johann »

steffan wrote:

guide4him writes
This denial of viewing opportunity will perhaps reveal how much our $46,800,00 expense yearly on 3ABN impacts our incoming donations.
I read this as 46 thousand and 8 hundred dollars and 00 cents. Let's get that straightened out first. It's easier dealing with a person who is accurate.
Cynthia

Re: Johann's question about Gospel Outreach

Post by Cynthia »

Johann wrote:... What is 3ABN saying to the church by refusing to renew the contract with Gospel Outreach?
Please don't confuse what you say with what 3abn says.

A better question is, as you and those you administrate on Advent Talk were/are doing all the talking about it, what are you all "saying to the church"? ( or attempting to...)

Why do you assume 3ABN is saying anything to the Church? They can and do broadcast who they choose to, or choose not to. They can and do pick up new programming, and make new contracts, drop contracts, or choose not to renew a contract as suits their programming needs or preferences -- and as far as I know have always done so. I haven't seen them say anything about any of that to anyone... None of us here were saying anything either -- until you again brought it up.

But since you did, and going by AT "talk" are attempting to make it all about Linda again, and you and others there are in such close communication with her; please explain why in the world Linda would agree to, or think that she could and would get airtime on 3abn by taping a program with Gospel Outreach? And why she, or you, would think 3abn would agree to that, especially as you and her other supporters and friends have seemingly made it your purpose in life to denigrate and destroy 3abn's reputation hindering their proclaimed mission and depriving them of donors and viewers? Sorry, but that makes no sense to me whatsoever.
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Johann wrote:
steffan wrote:

guide4him writes
I read this as 46 thousand and 8 hundred dollars and 00 cents. Let's get that straightened out first. It's easier dealing with a person who is accurate.
It is certainly good to be accurate, and easier to deal with those who are. Whether the extra comma was due to guide4him's or Gospel Outreach's error in the letter he said he was quoting, I don't know, but it looked to me like it said 46 million, 800 thousand also. I knew that couldn't be right. It is my understanding that the contract was a relatively small one and as the ministry couldn't afford more 3ABN also provided free airtime to them, in addition to the time they had contracted for.

That was a good thing I am thinking.

It is also my understanding that some of Gospel Outreaches board members or advisers also sit on 3abn's board. (If I am not remembering correctly I hope someone will correct me) Were you aware of this, Johann?
~ Cindy
The Red Baron

Re: Johann's question about Gospel Outreach

Post by The Red Baron »

Johann seems to have gone strangely silent on this one. Maybe he's gathering facts to bring to our attention.
Cynthia

Re: Johann's question....& concern about Linda's ministry

Post by Cynthia »

The Red Baron wrote:Johann seems to have gone strangely silent on this one. Maybe he's gathering facts to bring to our attention.
Maybe.... but so far whenever he pops in here and brings up an issue and replies are posted to him he just leaves, and then doesn't seem inclined to return to that discussion when he comes back..

In a related topic-- as his concern about Gospel Outreach and 3ABN seems to be due to his support of Linda and wanting her to move on with her life -- as do many on both sides of these issues, at least those whom I have talked to.

Perhaps it is time for her to focus on other venues such as the Hope channel, or starting and making her own programs, or making and following her own plans for the future apart from all this 3abn/Pickle/Joy hoopla and controversy???? All of this reminded me of her plans as stated on her personal website...

What ever happened with the following from that website?? Maybe Johann, her main defender and confidant, or Darrell Mundall, the registrant, admin and tech contact since it's beginning in June 2004, can explain when they pop back in again?
Linda wrote:Q: What are your plans for the future?

A:In the beginning, in the face of worldwide humiliation through circulated rumors, I really felt that my ministry was over. But one evening the Lord brought a song to my remembrance that I had not sung in at least 15 years. The song says, “Lord, please move me with compassion for the lost I pray; for the millions who are lost and cannot find their way. Melt my calloused heart with love no matter what the cost. Lord, please move me with compassion for the lost.” As I softly sang the verses and choruses of this song, the Holy Spirit drew so near to my heart and said, “I’m not finished with you yet, you will work for Me.” The Lord has confirmed this with other incidents as well. I told the Lord that especially under the circumstances, He would have to open the doors and “clean up the mess.” He said he would do this.

As well as writing the newsletters and magazines at 3ABN, I was also in charge of the TV production studios since the very beginning of 3ABN. I formatted new programs and chose hosts and guests for the programs seen on 3ABN.

Additionally, I was directly involved in the management of the 3 production studios and the Production Truck, which obtained programming on the road. Especially considering my experience is unique in the SDA Church, I feel that I need to use this experience for the Lord.

The Lord has laid on my heart to begin a production studio which will produce Christ-centered programs on a full-time basis. These programs can be shown on other networks and local Christian stations. One thing I learned at 3ABN is that there is never too many Christian programs. There is a huge demand for high quality Christ-centered programs that bring God’s message to the hearts of searching people.

Already I have been approached by some who are willing to support this production studio. Although their funding is not available right now, their desire to help has encouraged me so much...and I’m ready to get started. It is estimated that the legal work to obtain a non-profit status in Illinois will cost approximately 5-6 thousand dollars. This is the first step. If the Lord is laying a burden on your heart to help with this stepping stone of faith, please send your donations to P.O. Box 2202, Carbondale, IL 62902. THANK YOU so much!!
It was removed, without explanation about a year later and when I asked about it on another forum I got snippy responses, but no answers, so I still would like to know.

Did people donate? Where is, or what happened to the money? Is this a work in progress or has it been abandoned? If the Lord spoke to her, and laid it on her heart to do this, why isn't she doing it, or is she? :?

It seems to me there would be less focus on 3abn, by both she and her group of vocal friends and supporters, if she had her own life, plans, and future apart from 3abn. Her supporters could even donate their own time and money and be involved in something positive on her behalf rather than what is happening now spending their time, money and energy on the Pickle/Joy team and legal expenses, and in tearing down rather than building up.

I, at least, think that would be a good thing..

..ian
~ Cindy