Maintaining DS was wrong/guilty-- based on what, and why?

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

princessdi

Re: Maintaining DS was wrong/guilty-- based on what, and why?

Post by princessdi »

Steffan, we will have to agree to disagree. There are other mitigating factors involved in Linda signing that quickie divorce papers, however, as I said, as long as folks will not admit to ALL of the truth, folks like us will just be going around in circles.
Penny

Quickie...

Post by Penny »

Di - I agree that there will be disagreements over this and other issues. I'm not sure what "other mitigating circumstances" you are referring to, nor which "folks" were in your sights when you state they are "not admitting to ALL of the truth." Has Linda come out and stated why she signed the papers?

And what is precisely meant by "quickie" divorce?

Just asking for some clarification.

princessdi wrote:Steffan, we will have to agree to disagree. There are other mitigating factors involved in Linda signing that quickie divorce papers, however, as I said, as long as folks will not admit to ALL of the truth, folks like us will just be going around in circles.
Penny
princessdi

Post by princessdi »

Just put this situation in reverse, and I really doubt that Danny would have settled for the 250K, but even though a whole lot of money, it is not a fair price for the work he put into the buisness. Simple. I would be saying the same thing....in reverse...they didnt' do Danny right. Wrong is wrong. You all are still trying to make me "not like" Danny. I dont' know Danny, I just know some of his ways that he has exhibited, and no, I don't like those. However, I think most of you have been exposed to enough of my posts to know that I call them as I see them. Even if I like you, if you are wrong, I will tell you. Doesn't make me dislike you or even angry with you, it just is. ALL have sinned, ALL make mistakes. Simple.

Steffan, please re read my posts. I do not buy into everything from Bob and Gailon, no more than I buy into everything from Danny. I think they are all working ona mixture of truth and fiction. The problem is that both sides ARE requiring 100% buy in to be considered "loyal to the cause". I don't have to be boxed in by those restrictions.

Donna wrote:First, According to the forum rules, if you are going to post negative accusations as you did it must be accompanied by proof of facts, otherwise it is just your personal opinion and goes nowhere.
Second, to state that it is not right in the sight of God seems way out of order and also a personal opinion.
Third, 3ABN is a non profit organization and not owned by Danny Shelton. Linda was an employee the same as Danny or any other employee. In non profit organizations founder does not mean owner. Even Danny is not entitled to half.
princessdi

Re: Quickie...

Post by princessdi »

Di - I agree that there will be disagreements over this and other issues. I'm not sure what "other mitigating circumstances" you are referring to, nor which "folks" were in your sights when you state they are "not admitting to ALL of the truth." Has Linda come out and stated why she signed the papers?
Please don't get me wrong. I don't know that Linda--wisely--has said a word about anything. Other mitigating factors.......Example: just way the things are done in our church regarding the marriages of pastors/leaders. No matter who's at fault, the woman generally gets the short end of the stick. The man(leader/pastor) is generally believed, or even supported in his wrong. His career and the churches name, the quickest way to hush it up is first and foremost. I have seen enough of these situations to know that they rarely favor the wife, no matter the circumstance. I am sure LInda knew the deal...GC aint' even blinked an eye on this thing. They just went on like nothing happened, when they should have said something because adultery by either one should have been addressed by GC, since they BOTH were leaders. Taht is just one of the factors. This did not happen in a bubble.
These are divorces filed in places/countries where there is the far less waiting period, etc. They are expedited. Had lInda not contested, it would have been valid long before one filed in ithe US......what was the rush? That's my only question....not really looking for an answer.Just asking for some clarification.
steffan

Post by steffan »

In an earlier post I mistakenly put princessdi as the author instead of proffaberf451.
(Where I wrongly said that princessdi wrote "Why in the world should anyone do that!")
princessdi

Post by princessdi »

Let me just state this ina separate post. Steffan, Donna, I DO NOT believe EVERYTHING that Bob and Gailon say. I don't believe EVERYTHING that Danny says. The truth aobut everything is buried so farr under the mess they have piled on top of it, it owuld take another 4 years to dig it out. At this point, it is only about destroying the other side.

BOB/GAILON: They started out with a legitmate question, I believe. I don't know what they are doing now. It's just a mess. They lost their crediblity along the way. I can understand aksing for answer to which you are entitled, but not the rest. I don't really believe they give a flying fig what I think about them.

DANNY: Started out at BSDA with a lie. We didnt'ask him aobut the state if his marriage, but he saw fit to lie to us about it, anyway. He lost his credibility with me almost immediately. I also don't' really think he gives a flying fig what I think of him, I know I wouldn't. I am not one of 3ABN's supporters.....let's say it wasn't supposed to appeal to my demographic group....not a problem....just is what it is. I think Danny could have saved himself a whole lot of toruble by giving the extremely tenacious and persistnet Bob the answers to his questions the first time he asked.

So let this be the end of folks thinking that Bob and Gailon have influenced me, they haven't. i do not hate Danny, I don't want him to be kicked out of 3ABN. I am just calling them as I see them. Danny is/was wrong......Bob and Gailon are/were wrong. However, neither is paying me any mind. You are right Donna, it is just my opinion.

One more thing, I guess you haven't read my post over on AT where I I agreed that they used BSDA, but it served Danny as well. He was there first...remember? ALL are guilty of taking advantage of Calvin's kindess. Believe it or not, while refereeing this mess at BSDA, and I have been accused in the same day of favoring the other side, depending on who lost the admin battle that particular round. The only reason I join both of these sites, because it came to my attention that some people had some questions/comments to make to/about me. I just wanted everyone to know that if they had questions comments they could make them directly to me, and save themselves from looking cowardly and tlaking behimd my back. Now, Breezy had a whole lot to say until I joined but nothing since, and has to this day not answered my question about what I "knew better". I know you all at least read over at AT. Just read my first few posts and you will get a good idea about where I stand with everyone involved in this mess.
princessdi

Post by princessdi »

Not a problem, we all makes mistakes. I almost quoted the wrong post just a bit ago...LOL!!!
steffan wrote:In an earlier post I mistakenly put princessdi as the author instead of proffaberf451.
(Where I wrongly said that princessdi wrote "Why in the world should anyone do that!")
Penny

Post by Penny »

princessdi wrote:
These are divorces filed in places/countries where there is the far less waiting period, etc. They are expedited. Had lInda not contested, it would have been valid long before one filed in ithe US......what was the rush? That's my only question....not really looking for an answer.Just asking for some clarification.
Di - The question prior to "what was the rush?" is "Did they file in Guam to get a quick divorce?" Has that been established? Why go all the way to Guam when a quickie divorce is available in Nevada?
Penny
princessdi

Post by princessdi »

That, Penny, you will have to ask Danny and/or Linda. There may have been features to the Guam divorce that were more suited to his/their needs at the time> I have never been divorced, therefore, I definitely haven't been researching them.
Penny wrote:
Di - The question prior to "what was the rush?" is "Did they file in Guam to get a quick divorce?" Has that been established? Why go all the way to Guam when a quickie divorce is available in Nevada?
steffan

Why divorce in Guam versus Nevada?

Post by steffan »

I remember reading in a post - trying to locate it - where Linda had to establish a 1 month residency in Nevada before the divorce could take place. Then they discovered that Guam has no such requirement. Hence the divorce in Guam.