Referring URLs

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

steffan

Referring URLs

Post by steffan »

In all references to 3atalk.com, replace it with adventtalk.org as follows:

Edit:
http://www.3atalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=170

To:
http://www.adventtalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=170

go ahead and click on the link(s), they both point to the same thing...
Cynthia

Re: To get the correct cherry picking link, do this.

Post by Cynthia »

steffan wrote:In all references to 3atalk.com, replace it with adventtalk.org as follows:

Edit:
http://www.3atalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=170

To:
http://www.adventtalk.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=170

go ahead and click on the link(s), they both point to the same thing...
Niiiice, that certainly makes things easier. :D

I presume you will be letting all know the new domain name, and how the old name points to it, etc, in the announcement forum? My apologies, I don't know how the tech stuff works and am so glad you do.

Thank you, and have a good Sabbath.

..ian
~ Cindy
steffan

It is NOT a new forum name

Post by steffan »

3atalk.com still continues to be the forum name.
If a link to 3atalk needs to be posted, you can replace 3atalk.com with adventtalk.org (NOT .com)
Cynthia

Re: It is NOT a new forum name

Post by Cynthia »

steffan wrote:3atalk.com still continues to be the forum name.
If a link to 3atalk needs to be posted, you can replace 3atalk.com with adventtalk.org (NOT .com)
:D ok. Thanks for clarifying that.
~ Cindy
steffan

It is NOT a new forum name

Post by steffan »

You need to do this only over on [NOT}Advent (if you should decide to post there). Nothing changes on this forum.
princessdi

Question about URL

Post by princessdi »

Ok,... I arrived at this site when I neglected to place the second "t" in Adventtalk. Can anyone explain that to me? I see that they do have a thread about it at AT, but it had never happened to me until this week....
Last edited by Cynthia on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:23 am America/Denver, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: merged with ongoing topic
Echo

Re: Question about URL

Post by Echo »

princessdi wrote:Ok,... I arrived at this site when I neglected to place the second "t" in Adventtalk. Can anyone explain that to me? I see that they do have a thread about it at AT, but it had never happened to me until this week....
I'm just an occasional poster here and no longer a poster at the Adventtalk forum, but I will share some of my thoughts and observations about this.

It may not have been the best choice for Steffan to create these URL links that bring the unsuspecting here to this site instead of where they imagined they were going. However, I have to laugh at the hypocrisy of those over on Adventtalk who are decrying this supposed trickery when part of the reason Mr. Pickle and Mr. Joy were initially sued, if I remember correctly, was that they created http://www.save3abn.com that surprised some unsuspecting folks with a mountain of allegations, many of which seem quite questionable in their accuracy.

You might not realize, unless you were reading Adventtalk from near the beginning, that when Mr. Joy filed for bankruptcy and 3abn purchased http://www.save3abn.com and ultimately altered its content, some of the membership at Adventtalk created and urged the creation of many mirror sites to save3abn. They boasted among themselves how easy it was to create these mirror sites.

You are well aware, I'm sure, that when someone types keywords into Google or Yahoo search engines one gets a list of search results. If you type "3abn" in Google, you will get a link to http://www.save-3abn.com on the very first page of results. Once there, you will find in the first paragraph of the site that there are alternate site links. Start to follow those and you will see that there are many mirror sites - all using "3abn" in the name. I got 14 besides save-3abn. Granted, Mr. Joy and Mr. Pickle make no bones about the fact that they are attempting to get their allegations seen by those searching for information about 3abn (btw, Steffan was open about his alternate URLs), but to then complain about 3atalk using variations of the Adventtalk web site name in order to direct the curious clickers to their forum is, IMO, silly and disingenuous.
princessdi

Re: Referring URLs

Post by princessdi »

Yes, it was brought ot my attentio that Steffan had announced the purchasing of the URLs. This might have been before I was a member and in an area which I do not frequent. However, Echo, your post just goes to prove my point. Both "sides" are doing the same thing, the crying foul against the other. They ALL should just stop now!
Marv Smith

Post by Marv Smith »

princessdi wrote:Yes, it was brought ot my attentio that Steffan had announced the purchasing of the URLs. This might have been before I was a member and in an area which I do not frequent. However, Echo, your post just goes to prove my point. Both "sides" are doing the same thing, the crying foul against the other. They ALL should just stop now!
I don't see that happening princessdi. Enough people are fully invested in this little soap opera and they don't really want anything to stop. What would they do with their time? What reached maturity as a blood sport at BSDA has just continued in even a more toxic form. I know you have to be aware of this as you presided over this mess for several years and were not hesitant to voice your opinion.

It's not the brightest example of what's good about Adventism is it?
princessdi

Post by princessdi »

Yes, Marv, I did "preside" of their mess at BSDA(on and off board), and voiced my opinion, but said it was just that and left it there. Everyone knows where I stand,a nd that has not changed---loads of copability on both sides for this madness. We can agree about them leaving BSDA to develop not one, but two even more toxic sites------about someone else's business, where the two primarys seem to have gone on with their lives, and left these folks to do.........What? I can't tell you what! LOL!!! And then we are 3-4 years down the road...........sigh

Maybe if a say it enough, Marv, they might get it.......While there is life, there is hope, right?

Marv Smith wrote: I don't see that happening princessdi. Enough people are fully invested in this little soap opera and they don't really want anything to stop. What would they do with their time? What reached maturity as a blood sport at BSDA has just continued in even a more toxic form. I know you have to be aware of this as you presided over this mess for several years and were not hesitant to voice your opinion.

It's not the brightest example of what's good about Adventism is it?