The Paternity Test

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Donna

Re: The Paternity Test

Post by Donna »

It is easier to understand why there would be slander from a 'christian', when we consider all of the character traits that have been shown by such, under the guise of christianity. A few words come to mind: pernicious, false witness, accuser of the brethren, sinister, deceptive, malignity, fear tactics, coercion, threats, hateful speech, arrogance and many more. Many of us have never ceased to be amazed by it and yet we are told by God that it would be so
Jhn 16:2 "... yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service."

Yes, it is breaking the commandment, "Thou shalt not kill", if we attempt to destroy a person's reputation or character. While it is a very sad thing to see anyone do this to another, it is even sadder to see what the one doing it is doing to themselves while seemingly oblivious to it. If not oblivious, then more is the pity.

To summarize the why of 'christian slander' is to consider the why of the character traits and works shown and they are not the character traits or works of our Heavenly Father, as our Lord Jesus Christ showed Him to be by His words and life example. Our Lord said this to such:

Jhn 8:44 "Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

Donna
Stan wrote:Penny... I have no idea why most of the folks have any interest in using 'christian-slander' to try and take down others.
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

:?:

Nothing new from AT on this topic, except maybe silence, which is... different.

Dr Day's website has no updates either, but it seems safe to presume she either already has or will get the test results fairly soon and publish them as she promised since she both took and sent the DNA samples to the Labs on April 29.

The link she gave for paternity testing says this:
Paternity Test Report
The paternity test results are ready within 3 working days . We release the test results immediately, as long as the testing fees are fully paid. Results are sent via first-class mail; we also will send results through fax or courier upon request
~ Cindy
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

I was just thinking, and realized the very vocal CRYSTAL seems to have disappeared from AT along with all of her repetitive posts full of insinuations and accusations regarding this topic. ( To clarify-- in answer to a question from a friend. Her old posts haven't been removed afaik, I meant she has now ceased to post and repeat her accusations and insinuations every day or so as was her pattern for months before this.)

Johann, Tinka and others before the recent silence began to post things on AT like "What will the test prove anyway even if Danny isn't the Father, it doesn't prove he didn't commit adultery?" or who is the child's father will he take a test? as if Brandy's past is the issue, and such.

I find it very interesting how many on AT including Darrell Mundall have now tried to distance themselves from this or changed their tune about it's importance, and wonder how many others will do so when the test results are published, and try to pretend it is not important and means nothing?

They may wish to cover over and forget their theory and why this was such an issue for them but I will not. I think they need to be accountable and others reading all of this need to know what started it all and see how they dream up conspiracy theories and pass them on to others as facts when they are not.

Since the early discussions on BSDA (and possibly before that, but I didn't hear of it till several years ago) The story from those supporting Linda was that she was set up and framed as an adulteress because Brandy was threatening to expose Danny as the Father of her youngest daughter if he did not divorce Linda and marry her. Their theory was that this is why Danny used Linda's "friendship" with the Doctor against her, got a "quickie and unbiblical divorce" and remarried Brandy so soon.

Problem one with that theory is Danny had 8 mos to marry Brandy before Linda even filed to contest the divorce as part of the property case she filed against him, but didn't, they were not in fact married till almost 2 yrs had passed.

A further problem with their theory will be the negative Paternity test results.

If he is not the Father, Brandy couldn't have been blackmailing him about that as they claimed and that wouldn't be a reason to set up Linda in a conspiracy involving all at 3abn and her entire church family etc, all apparently compromised by Danny or in fear of him ( Which is slightly far fetched and unbelievable. To me anyway...)

Dr Day is the star witness in this theory of theirs, claiming she saw and knows Brandy was working at 3abn at the time she became pregnant. Of course it doesn't matter that not one other employee at 3abn can be found who saw her there or that there are no employee records for Brandy, Dr Day claims she knows what she knows according to her letters.

They really do need to acknowledge this I think, and that they were wrong or mistaken. Will they? I doubt it... but time will tell and I would love to be surprised.
Last edited by Cynthia on Fri May 15, 2009 5:48 am America/Denver, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added clarification in colored font -- in answer to a question emailed to me.
~ Cindy
Stan

Post by Stan »

ANY ETA of the results?
Daryl Fawcett

Post by Daryl Fawcett »

I am also very interested in the ETA of the results.
In His love, mercy, and grace.

Daryl :)
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Daryl Fawcett wrote:I am also very interested in the ETA of the results.
The test is supposed to take 3 days, and it has been weeks now.

I feel we can safely presume the results are negative and so do not help Dr Day or the others who have have been making accusations regarding paternity or those who have bought into their theories and surmising and repeated it, or they would have been published by now. Look how fast Pickle posted that the test was taken after it was posted that the delay was due to Dr Day.

I am not worried about the results. I figure they are probably trying to come up with some way to spin it to their advantage before saying anything, or else hoping the issue just goes away.

As you and Stan are both interested though, may I suggest that rather than waiting on others to tell you what's what, and then questioning whether what they say is accurate or not, that you go to the source and find out for yourself and then post the response for others who are equally interested or concerned?

There is a link to Dr Day's website in this thread and she has a link there to email her.
Nosir Myzing...
Daryl Fawcett

Post by Daryl Fawcett »

I just now discovered the following link FYI:

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies ... test2.html

Daryl Fawcett

Post by Daryl Fawcett »

Here also is an interesting link:

http://www.goodnewsaboutgod.com/studies ... 's/images/

You will need to click on the other links there.

Donna

Post by Donna »

All of these leaves one main question. Where is the form they both signed in front of Dr. Day when the DNA tests were administered?
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
proffaberf451

Post by proffaberf451 »

Sufficient time has passed. No doubt the results have been in Dr. Day's hands for some time now. She will refuse to release the results until she, along with Gailon and Robert, can develop a back story that will be suggestive enough to insinuate doubt on the results. The fact that nothing has been revealed appears to indicate that the results will evidence that Dr. Day is indeed wrong in her accusations.

proff