Is this "our" Linda Shelton?

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Stan

Is this "our" Linda Shelton?

Post by Stan »

Daryl Fawcett

Re: Is this "our" Linda Shelton?

Post by Daryl Fawcett »

As I can't see a picture of her at that link, what makes you think it is the same Linda Shelton that we all know about here?
In His love, mercy, and grace.

Daryl :)
http://www.maritime-sda-online.com
Stan

Post by Stan »

I did a google for Linda Shelton and concerts...

I am not saying it is here, I was asking if it was.

I hope it is.
Cilghal

Post by Cilghal »

There are many methods now on the internet for promoting one's music. More likely than not this probably is Linda Shelton. For those who enjoy her music and message this hopefully indicates moving on in her life.
Stan

Post by Stan »

Daryl Fawcett wrote:As I can't see a picture of her at that link, what makes you think it is the same Linda Shelton that we all know about here?
Daryl, re read my question, all I did was ask if it might be here, I did not say I THINK this is her.

I would be happy if it was her.
Daryl Fawcett

Post by Daryl Fawcett »

From my own google search under the name of Linda Shelton, there seems to be at least two different Linda Sheltons out there in cyberspace.

Jack

Post by Jack »

I did a doubletake when I saw this topic title here, although I am sure most here like myself wish Linda well.

I doubt that is "our" Linda because from reading at the adventtalk forum according to her friends and supporters "there is a reason" for her not updating, or publicizing and giving out her schedule on her website and elsewhere.

No doubt this implies something sinister in regards to 3ABN, and is meant to portray her as the victimized heroine, and that is their thing I know, but it causes some questions for me.

How does one go about making oneself known to others or building a ministry, or invite the public to attend concerts, or promote sales of CDs and whatnot when events are all hush hush and secret and you don't advertise or promote the ministry, or concerts, or even update your personal website for a year :?:

I don't know, but then again I cannot pretend to understand the thinking, or the methods for most of the madness I read.
Donna

Post by Donna »

I was wondering about these same things, Jack. Also, if one is wanting to be a light unto others and guide them to our Lord's greater light they would not be walking in fear of any man or thing but instead, stepping out in faith and doing His good will for our fellowman. Hide it under a bush, oh no!

Donna
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Daryl Fawcett

Post by Daryl Fawcett »

People who feel that they are being harrassed do strange things.

Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Daryl Fawcett wrote:People who feel that they are being harrassed do strange things.
Maybe.. but we all need to learn to not be ruled by or to walk in fear.

I heard the following on the radio one day, and it stuck with me. Some think I am rather brave but the truth is I am not at all, it's just I am not usually afraid of most things. It doesn't take a lot of courage to face things that don't bother or scare you.. Anyway, on this particular day I had to acknowledge and face and overcome a crippling fear that I did have in order to help another, or so I thought. A fear caused by a very real event in my past.

After initially recoiling at the idea, and thinking of every excuse not to...none of which worked, I prayed and told the Lord that I was scared but I would do it if he asked, and asked him to keep me safe, and he did of course. To begin it was still hard to face my fear but... as soon as I began to do as I was asked my fear just disappeared.

But afterwords I couldn't understand why it had all been necessary or why the Lord had asked it of me, or how I had even helped this other really, or what had been accomplished... so I was driving and praying and asking "Why, did I have to do that?" and the static on the radio cleared just long enough for me to hear the following from a minister.

"Two Irishmen were talking about their favorite inspirational Bible verses, and the one said, mine is Psa 56:3 "whenever I am afraid I will trust in thee" the other said mine is Isa 12:2: "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid..."

When I heard those words, it was like an epiphany moment. I started to both laugh and cry because I had been under the impression I was just helping another but it wasn't about that at all. I was overwhelmed and overcome in that moment for I truly felt loved by my Lord and him smiling at me. It was all for me, and all about him helping me and him teaching me to trust him even more and overcome my fears and follow his lead because he truly does love each and every one of us.

Walking by faith is an ongoing learning process.. and our faith grows with each step. God is so good.

You know, I didn't notice this for a long time, but it is not just the unbelieving, the abominable, murderers, whoremongers, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars who will have their part in the lake of fire aka, the second death. The very first group mentioned in that verse in Revelation is "the fearful"...

It's all about faith really, and we have the remedy for being fearful for "Perfect love casteth out fear" Our God is love.. It is my hope and prayer we can all learn to trust, and not be afraid, by first learning to trust in the Lord when we are afraid...

Have a Blessed Sabbath Daryl.
~ Cindy