Joy Bankruptcy Exam

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

The Red Baron

Joy Bankruptcy Exam

Post by The Red Baron »

After wading through the 198 pages of the Joy bankruptcy examination by 3ABN attorneys I come away with two basic impressions:

1. Mr. Joy is quite accustomed to lying.

2. Mr. Joy would not do well in open court.
Cynthia

Re: Joy Bankruptcy Exam

Post by Cynthia »

The Red Baron wrote:After wading through the 198 pages of the Joy bankruptcy examination by 3ABN attorneys I come away with two basic impressions:

Similar to my own thoughts, in addition though, Mr Joy's claims of not recalling or not knowing about the majority of what he was asked rang hollow to me.

I do not think he is either stupid or ignorant despite almost 200 pages of him representing himself that way. Why? IMO that act was at odds with every email and post which has been written or published by him in regards to these 3abn issues, or related court and case matters.

and on a bit of an ironic, and admittedly sarcastic note... I do not understand how Mr Pickle was able to restrain himself from jumping on Mr Joy through the phone, and demanding immediate apologies and repentance when he heard Mr Joy take the Lord's name in vain.. I presume sin in the camp is not so offensive to him when it is someone he agrees with from within his own camp?

..ian

P.S.
Those who were not aware of, or do not know where to find the transcript referred to and who wish to read it may do so here: EXAMINATION OF GAILON ARTHUR JOY UNDER FEDERAL RULE OF BANKRUPTCY PROCEDURE 2004
~ Cindy
Penny

Post by Penny »

The Red Baron wrote:After wading through the 198 pages of the Joy bankruptcy examination by 3ABN attorneys I come away with two basic impressions:

Mr Joy --- a case of "do as I say (and as I want you to do), but not as I do."

Reading Joy's examination and Lorraine Day's attempt to have her readers take a flight into fantasy...both smack of desperation to me.

Day-Joy is in a Pickle?! :idea: :roll:
Penny
Penny

Post by Penny »

Synthian wrote: P.S.
Those who were not aware of, or do not know where to find the transcript referred to and who wish to read it may do so here: EXAMINATION OF GAILON ARTHUR JOY UNDER FEDERAL RULE OF BANKRUPTCY PROCEDURE 2004
Was this just made available recently? Thanks, Synthian, for posting the link to the transcript for those of us who probably wouldn't have otherwise located it.
Penny
Cynthia

Post by Cynthia »

Penny wrote:
Was this just made available recently? Thanks, Synthian, for posting the link to the transcript for those of us who probably wouldn't have otherwise located it.
NP, and yes it just became available before I posted it here. Although the exam took place in September of last year it was not available in the bankruptcy case or on Pacer before now probably due to privacy issues is my guess ? Anyway that changed because Gailon Joy just last week filed it himself in the lawsuit and made it publicly available. Why? I have no clue...

And fyi in case anyone is wondering, his bankruptcy case, along with his related adversarial proceedings against DS and several of 3ABN's attorneys is all still unresolved. I am not sure what the hold up and delay is there as nothing has occurred in it for months now???
~ Cindy
Marv Smith

Post by Marv Smith »

Synthian wrote:
Penny wrote:
NP, and yes it just became available before I posted it here. Although the exam took place in September of last year it was not available in the bankruptcy case or on Pacer before now probably due to privacy issues is my guess ? Anyway that changed because Gailon Joy just last week filed it himself in the lawsuit and made it publicly available. Why? I have no clue...

And fyi in case anyone is wondering, his bankruptcy case, along with his related adversarial proceedings against DS and several of 3ABN's attorneys is all still unresolved. I am not sure what the hold up and delay is there as nothing has occurred in it for months now???
This is quite amazing. I seem to recall that Chapter 7 cases are normally dealt with in a matter of weeks. It would appear that Mr. Joy's feet are being held to the fire on this one.
Cilghal

Post by Cilghal »

One can't help but wonder if there is some doubt that Mr. Joy lives rent free and without a car or income. Are we too presume he is living off the state of Massachusetts or money given to meet the needs of his grandchildren? What kind of man does that? And do i recall that the fine that he and Laird Heal were to pay was in fact paid? IF so, what income afforded him the ability to pay that fine? It would seem to me that by failing to produce his bank records that Mr. Joy effectively hid possible money that he has received from others?

It would appear that he was quite willing to explain Fran's involvement in the IRS matter so if anyone did not know her name before they certainly do now. And once again, his own sloppy record production exposed another he was in contact with which I suspect leaves that individual quite unhappy.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Agreed.

Many more questions were raised and caused by Mr Joy's answers than resolved in my personal judgment, and I, myself, wondered why the case is still open. It is indeed remarkably lengthy for a chapter 7 bankruptcy.

A search on Pacer under the case status was informative and reveals the other statuses to be resolved and only one still pending.
07-43128 Gailon Arthur Joy
Case type: bk Chapter: 7 Asset: Yes Vol: v Judge: Joel B. Rosenthal
Date filed: 08/14/2007 Date of last filing: 10/16/2008

Pending Statuses

Date Filed: 10/04/2007
Time in: 582 days
Status Set By: Meeting of Creditors Held and Examination of Debtor
Entered by: Janice March [Trustee]