So I start asking tougher questions over 'there'

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

proffaberf451

Re: So I start asking tougher questions over 'there'

Post by proffaberf451 »

Stan wrote:Ask him.
I would have to agree with Penny's assumption, that even when questioned Robert will attempt to spin out of answering. We know that there have been numerous members of the syndicate out to bring down 3ABN who have less than stellar backgrounds from a legal perspective . . . so it should really come as no surprise that Robert, too, may very well have some character issues that will provide necessary context for the way he has behaved over the past few years.

We await enlightenment.

proff
The Red Baron

Post by The Red Baron »

Stan wrote:Am not sure which one ;)

It might be..

They were posting all these 'alleged' activities, which are really rumors and gossip on steroids, and I asked Bob to post, not his alleged run ins with the law, but his real convictions, and I said I would rather have him post those, then have someone else those.

I have emailed them asking to have my account cancelled.
Please don't let it be stalking!
proffaberf451

Post by proffaberf451 »

I doubt that Robert will ever come clean about this issue on AT, certainly he would never do so in this forum. He has too much pride invested in his multi-year efforts to bring down 3ABN. This would make his sanctimonious claims on various forums around cyberworld ring rather hollow. Robert has attempted to enter the pastorate in numerous conferences and has not been successful to date. Does his behavior befit the position of congregational leadership? Would you want him as your pastor? His former home church was concerned enough to remove him from his position as elder.

Robert has far too much to lose in revealing any questionable past events. He is very good at demanding repentance and restitution, but doesn't appear to be able to set an example. He can tell you what you should do - but he has chosen not live it. He can place himself in on an elevated spiritual plane where he alone can judge a man's level of contrition, but he can't bring himself down to the level of all men and humble himself before God.

It has been a sad playing out of this act in the Great Controversy and prayer is required and needed by all who have been even tangentially touched by this. When one leads even one soul from the foot of Jesus they have grieved the heart of our Creator - they have driven the nails deeper.

proff
proffaberf451

Post by proffaberf451 »

Well it would appear that the Advent Talk forum doesn't like the tough questions to be asked. It is possible that Robert Pickle is merely hiding the truth. Earlier today the poster "anyman" posted the following:

In a recent thread it has been revealed that Robert has a sketchy background. There is more than mere insinuation that he has a criminal conviction and it would appear that he has alluded to such back on the BSDA discussion board. Robert, you constantly call for every [sic] to repent, you have made it your life's mission to investigate everyone who has ever disagreed with you and make their lives public . . . so, that begs the question, are you going to come clean on this or are you going to wait for someone else to make it public. [sic] You are a public individual after all and it would appear that your belief that any public individual who has sinned need make a public acknowledgment of their short comings and repent publicly. Are you sincere enough in your beliefs to set an example?

In a very short period of time his post was removed and he was banned under a claimed violation of "Forum Rule #2:

2. Members agree to post respectfully and treat each other as brothers and sisters in Christ. Members will not post any material which is knowingly false, defamatory, inaccurate, baiting, flaming, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, irrelevant and intentionally derogatory personal information, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

As you can see this rule only applies to those who are not part of the Joy-Pickle Consortium. It is rather accurate to say that most, if not all, of Gailon Joy's postings on AT have violated more than one of these categories. The character of the finally few has been made obvious for the world to see.

One would reasonably assume that Robert has administrative privileges to the site he owns. Therefore it also seems likely that in an effort to hide the truth he quickly deleted the post. It is also possible that he had one of his underlings do so, so as not to "taint" his own administrative privileges.

Anyman indicates that there is no time factor indicated on his banning, only the notice and the claim that he violated the above rule with the post. Robert obviously doesn't hold himself to the same standard he holds others.

proff
Marv Smith

Post by Marv Smith »

proffaberf451 wrote:Robert obviously doesn't hold himself to the same standard he holds others.

proff
A rather profound statement that is easily documented by the actions of all those consumed with the slightest hint of bad behavior of anything 3ABN.

Scandalmonger: a person who spreads malicious gossip

Why is it that supposed Christians are so anxious to hear the latest juicy tidbits from the scandalmongers amongst us?