Contempt of Court?

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

Contempt of Court?

Post by Cynthia »

Pickle and Joy have already tried once, since the lawsuit was dismissed and the court ordered confidential documents to be returned, to file the remnant documents under seal.

They have been called on their mis-characterization of the contents and reminded they were ordered to return the documents by the plaintiff's attorneys, and had their motion denied by the court.

Now in their latest filings they ask the Court to reconsider and change it's previous decision, and in addition to that they are attempting to do the exact same thing again. They have filed yet another "Motion to file under seal" concerning other documents which have been labeled "confidential", and which the court also told them to return. They are again contradicting the very "under seal" premise they ask for by again identifying the contents to the public with their mis-characterizations and mis labelling.

I don't know what their problem or major dysfunction is, as I can't comprehend their thinking. Nor can I understand why "the lawsuit is dismissed" is so hard for them to comprehend or accept, but I do think that the document just filed in opposition to their motion is right on as far as their shenanigans go.

Here's a select quote:
1. Defendants Were Ordered to Return These Documents.
At the threshold, Defendants are not even supposed to have these documents anymore. This Court expressly ordered that Defendants return all discovery materials stamped as confidential. At the status conference on October 30, 2008, which by consent of the parties was converted into a hearing on the Plaintiffs’ motion for voluntary dismissal, this Court stated:

• "I will order that the materials produced in discovery that were designated as confidential under the confidentiality and protective order issued in this case on April 17th will be returned, as set forth in that order." (Doc. 141, p. 12).

The electronic clerk’s notes echoed this order: “Court orders all confidential documents returned.” Defendants never sought a stay of this order. The Court’s order was consistent with the Protective Order itself, which had provided that material produced under it “Shall be used for no other purpose than this litigation.” (Doc.60, pp. 1-2). The matter had been briefed and argued by both sides and the Court issued its order from the bench.

But now, more than six months after the Court’s order,the Defendants have not returned any of the confidential documents and instead seek leave to file them in connection with yet another abusive and pointless motion. While resisting the temptation to publish the documents themselves, Defendants describe the confidential documents in pleadings available to the public, for example referring to perfectly proper royalty payments to Shelton from Remnant publications for the sale of books he authored as “kickbacks and/or royalties.” (See Doc. # 158 at pp. 2-3 – Plaintiffs Memo in Opposition to Defendants Motion to File Under Seal and record citations therein). This is somewhat akin to describing a banking transaction as “a robbery and/or withdrawal.”

Plaintiffs are continuing to incur litigation costs directly related to Defendants’ failure to return these documents, as ordered by this Court. Enough is enough. The Court should order Defendants to show cause why they should not be held in contempt for flouting its order to return the confidential documents, and for describing them publicly.
The red font, bold text and underlining above was added by me. There is much more to this memo than just my quote here. You can read the entire document for yourself here, along with the Motion Pickle and Joy filed: http://www.3atalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=9 ... t=10#p1869
~ Cindy
Rea

Re: Contempt of Court?

Post by Rea »

My Sister, why do you continue to meddle in the affairs of the apostate? "Can two walk together unless they be agreed?" Are you thinking? If you continue to play with those on the wrong course, you will be burned.

I read all here and think you should all remove yourselves, you should not say anything. You are all finding fault with each other and need to stop.

It is time for you to get back in touch with your historic roots. Your voice has been missing for far too long.
Donna

Post by Donna »

Rea,

I know you mainly spoke to one here but at the same time you included all, thus my response. While I appreciate your concern it is no different than the concerns most of us have for our fellow human beings and brethren and the reason we are here. I realize you were not meaning to find fault but some might think it was, just as you have done in thinking those of us here are finding fault.

It is not finding fault but standing up for the truth for those who have been falsely accused of wrongdoing. A lot of people hear things and it sounds convincing so they believe what they have heard. Others ask questions, go to the source, search out the truth of the matter and find facts to substantiate one way or the other. When you have proof positive of a truth and you continually see others making false accusations and out and out lying and seeing others swayed to that how can anyone not step up and stand by the side of their brethren who are presenting the Lord's truth 24/7 to the entire world.

How can anyone not try to present the truth to those brethren who were swayed so that they too would seek and search. Many have turned around after realizing they were falsely led in the beginning.

We should try to remember that each of us are different parts of the body but all are working together for the saving of souls for the Lord. We should be keeping all in continual prayer.

Donna
Rea wrote:My Sister, why do you continue to meddle in the affairs of the apostate? "Can two walk together unless they be agreed?" Are you thinking? If you continue to play with those on the wrong course, you will be burned.

I read all here and think you should all remove yourselves, you should not say anything. You are all finding fault with each other and need to stop.

It is time for you to get back in touch with your historic roots. Your voice has been missing for far too long.
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.
Donna

Post by Donna »

An example of what we are up against in these last days and why there is a need to challenge is found at the sight below. I especially was interested in the findings of the hoaxer when he said, ""I am 100 percent convinced that if I hadn't come forward, that quote would have gone down in history as something Maurice Jarre said, instead of something I made up," he said. "It would have become another example where, once anything is printed enough times in the media without challenge, it becomes fact."

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090512/ ... dia_hoaxer
"Most startling messages will be borne by men of God's appointment, messages of a character to warn the people, to arouse them. And while some will be provoked by the warning, and led to resist the light and evidence, we are to see from this that we are giving the testing message for this time." Evangelism, p. 168.