Apology for post deletion and recent ban from Adventtalk

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Cynthia

Apology for post deletion and recent ban from Adventtalk

Post by Cynthia »

I posted about my post being deleted and being banned here:
http://www.3atalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=285
Synthian wrote:
Adventtalk Admin wrote:"Sorry Ian, you are banned from using this forum!
Violation of forum rule 1. 7 day ban imposed."
What did I do?

I posted the following in reply to Gailon Joy's post, and then they deleted my entire post and banned me.
Some may not care, but to be fair due to my comments here about that, here is a followup.

I sent a email to the adventtalk administration a couple of days ago asking " Can someone please explain why my post was deleted and what I did wrong?" in reference to rule #1 which said:
1. Members will respect the administrative team and their actions. If a member takes issue with a moderator action they should report it privately to administration and can expect a response within 24 hours, although the response may be that the issue is being investigated and a more detailed response will be forthcoming. In no case will the complaint be posted publically.
I did not get a response from them, but Snoopy posted an apology later that day. Here is our exchange on Adventtalk:
ian wrote:
Snoopy wrote: Ian,

I believe I owe you an apology. You made a post a couple of days ago to which I made some edits to change what appeared as shouting to an "inside voice". But it appears that while I was editing your post, you were as well, and when your edits appeared they over-rode my edits. I misinterpreted this chain of events and initiated a ban and removed your post. I see that I was wrong, and I hope you can accept my apology. I have disabled the ban and would welcome you to re-instate your post, but would encourage you to use the "inside voice".

Most sincerely,

Snoopy
I do accept your apology, but, with the hopes we don't have further misunderstandings like this, I am sure you do as well since this same exact thing happened once before. ;) Having said that, I appreciate your apology all the more as you didn't need to make it publicly either time, but did, and I know that isn't always easy. Thank you, Snoopy. Please understand that I wouldn't edit any admin or mod notes out of any post- or try to undermine admin actions like that or any other way here - at least on purpose.

I would also like to clarify one further misunderstanding here in regards to shouting, and your attempts to edit my post into an "inside voice". It was not my intention to shout. I'm sorry if it appeared that way to you. I actually did not add any caps to my post or change anything I was quoting into caps. The caps in my post were supplied by the clerk who entered the judgments and documents in the Court Docket. I just copied and pasted them from PACER as they were entered there. For accuracy in quoting I am leaving them in my repost below and I hope that it is ok with you now that you understand why they are there.

I do appreciate you allowing me to repost my reply here and removing my ban also. Thank you.

Have a good day. :)

~ Cindy

In reference to when the same thing happened before, here are those exchanges (which also occurred after writing the admin privately)
ian wrote:
Snoopy wrote: recent posts and bans
Sent to: Ian on: April 06, 2009, 11:50:54 AM
Ian,

I am truly sorry for accusing you of deleting my red hat warning. I had no idea that a second edit overrides the first one, until this happened and our technical guru had to investigate into the depths of the software.

However, you were given a 48 hour ban for editing posts after others had responded which is a violation of Rule #9. That ban should expire tonight sometime if I am not mistaken, and you will have full access to the forum again.

Snoopy
Re: recent posts and bans
« Sent to: Snoopy on: April 07, 2009, 02:55:12 PM »
It's ok Snoopy. I probably would have thought the same thing if our roles were reversed when it happened.

Thank you for the explanation.

The only thing I want to add here, is that despite our differences, I respect your position as an administrator and will not purposely try to undermine that here.

blessings..

Thread- Questions I wish I could ask Danny Shelton on CA:
Snoopy on April 05, 2009, 09:32:20 PM wrote:
Snoopy on April 05, 2009, 10:25:48 AM wrote:
Ian on April 05, 2009, 01:43:53 AM wrote:
George on April 05, 2009, 01:22:32 AM wrote: Ian, You keep demanding documentation, yet you don't provide any of your own to prove the allegations and rumors you spread about Linda. Can live up to your own demands?
First let me say if YOU want to talk about Linda or YOU want to make her the issue then YOU probably need to make a new topic/thread in this forum to do so. :)

I honestly feel that much of this is not the public's business, but once it's brought up publicly it can and should be replied to publicly, if it is false or wrong, so that others aren't confused or decieved.

In that context, I am not aware that I have spread any rumors or accusations about Linda, nor even addressed anything regarding her which was not in a direct response to things about her which the accusers of 3abn had not posted or published first.

If I am wrong, I m sure you can provide some kind of documentation to support your claim. ( in another topic)

I would appreciate it.

..ian

ADMIN HAT ON

You know Cindy, one of your less intelligent moves was to come along after the fact and edit out an admin red hat warning! Your audacity is somewhwat amusing. As I said earlier, you can not and will not dictate the direction of a discussion on this forum!! This thread is about questions for Danny, and his divorce and ex-wife are entirely relevant. You will NOT throw the "off topic" card around just because you don't like someone's anwer to your demands. So, you say your done here?? Yes, you are! At least for a couple of days!! Capiche?? Toodles!!

ADMIN HAT OFF

Cindy,

I owe you an apology with regard to the alleged editing of my red hat warning last night. A bit of research shows that you and I were editing your post at the same time. However, I posted my edit only a minute or so ahead of you so when you posted your edit it overrode my edit which apparently you never saw.

Snoopy
ian on: April 07, 2009, 03:00:55 PM wrote:
Snoopy wrote:.... A bit of research shows that you and I were editing your post at the same time. However, I posted my edit only a minute or so ahead of you so when you posted your edit it overrode my edit which apparently you never saw.

Snoopy
It's ok Snoopy. I am sorry for the confusion. I didn't know that could happen either. I might have thought the same thing as you did if our roles had been reversed when it happened.

Thank you for the explanation. :)
Anyway, now ya know. :) Moving on...
~ Cindy
Penny

Re: Apology for post deletion and recent ban from Adventtalk

Post by Penny »

Ian - it is impossible to reason with most of them over on the other site. I applaud you for your continued efforts and despite all of Gailon's rantings and ravings, and Pickle's twisting of meanings and words, you are a steady, reasoned voice on that site.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Penny
Penny
Cynthia

Re: Apology for post deletion and recent ban from Adventtalk

Post by Cynthia »

Penny wrote:Ian - it is impossible to reason with most of them over on the other site. I applaud you for your continued efforts and despite all of Gailon's rantings and ravings, and Pickle's twisting of meanings and words, you are a steady, reasoned voice on that site.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas!
Penny
Hi Penny,

Thank you. It's always good to hear from you. I hope your holidays were full of warmth and loved ones, and I pray that this New Year brings you all the blessings that you ask for and that you need. It is also my prayer that we can put alot of this mess to rest, bring as much resolution as is possible this year and then move on once and for all.

I was reading Roman's 12 this morning and was thinking that I would love to resolve all, and live peaceably with all but as you posted it is impossible to come together and reason with some, and so it was comforting for me to read that we are only called to do what is possible... "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men." The whole chapter(below) had a deep impact on me this morning, and so it is also my prayer this year that the Lord help me to not only understand it all better but that he work within me to enable me to live it better.

God is so good. I really do think this could very well be a banner year for the 3abn ministry as well as for all of God's people. ;)

Blessings,
..ian

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, [let us prophesy] according to the proportion of faith;

Or ministry, [let us wait] on [our] ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching;

Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, [let him do it] with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.

[Let] love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

[Be] kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;

Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.

Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

[Be] of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
~ Cindy