Mr. Robert Pickle

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Breezy

Mr. Robert Pickle

Post by Breezy »

Below is a statement made by Mr. Robert Pickle from the other forum. I believe Mr. Pickle has not read his Bible very well. The tithing issue is personal. I do not need to let you know where I pay my tithe, nor do you need to know where 3ABN employees pay their tithe or anyone else. It is none of your business. It is between an individual and God. So for Mr. Pickle to ask these questions shows a lack of Bible knowledge concerning the tithe issue.

From reading Mr. Pickle's posts over on the other forum, I see much repitition and something akin to rabid fanaticism. Mr. Pickle is a fanatic when it comes to Mr. Danny Shelton and 3ABN. He believes if he repeats (what is none of his business) enough times, that this must make it true. He is a zealot when it involves anything that has to do with 3ABN. Mr. Pickle is a blind zealot.

I'm afraid he is going to be very disappointed one day to find out that Mr. Shelton and 3ABN is your perfectly normal organization trying to spread the truth to all the world. Mr. Pickle's accusations are false and untrue. He would do better to stop and go get a job so his wife can have a rest from supporting the family.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob Pickle
Veteran Member

Re: Do these tactics sound familiar?
« Reply #9 on: Today at 09:33:57 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ASI and 3ABN have been great friends, and some of the major players at ASI have been as well.

However, ASI and Hartland have not been the best of friends, I believe over the tithe issue. How has 3ABN felt about Hartland? Has there been a meeting of the minds over Gailon?

But regarding the tithe issue, since Danny has claimed under penalty of law to have given tithe to 3ABN, how does that affect his standing with ASI and the major players there? Or has he stopped that practice and is now only returning tithe to the Seventh-day Adventist Church? Or has he been dealt with differently than Hartland for some reason?
steffan

Bob Pickle and his claim to being a pastor

Post by steffan »

This is an email, which was supposed to be confidential. But then Bob decided that he could make it public. All right then. I have bolded the necessary sentence. In his first letter to ASI when a mediation team was supposed to be assembled, Gailon wrote in response introducing Bob as a pastor.

-------- Original Message --------
To: Harold Lance, Esq
CC: Linda Shelton, Bob Pickle, Gregory Matthews
Subject: Re: Progress in the process:
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 17:34:55 +0000

Thank you for your communique and we look forward to working with all due diligence with you to find an appropriate ecclesiastical process for all the parties.

I have already secured an agreement from Linda, Bob and Greg that any communication relating to the process proposal and collateral issues with you or ASI will be held in the strictest confidence, period, until we have reached an agreement or an agreement is deemed impossible, at which time only a mutually agreed statement will be issued. All communiques will be labeled "Confidential-FYEO-Do Not Re-distribute". These three will be the only individuals included in the discussions on this side.

Bob Pickle is a pastor currently working for ******
on a research project and has been a diligent cross your t's and dot your i's researcher / investigator relating to several issues, some of which I had clearly missed.

Greg Matthews has been a consultant to Linda for nearly the entire 2.5 years since the divorce and turned over virtually hundreds of e-mails between himself and Danny, Linda and others, attempting to find a resolution. He is an ordained minister serving as a Chaplain, US Armed Services. Very level headed and realistic based upon the issues and readily asserts that some issues need to be left to the civil / administrative / criminal authorities to tackle.

Linda Shelton is, of course, a presumed potential party to at least some part of the panel hearings.

I shall CC each of them and ask each of them to confirm in writing that they clearly agree to the confidentiality regarding your e-mail in this regard by responding directly to you via e-mail.

Let it be further understood that you are absolutely free to communicate with any or all the individuals in this group directly. I do not claim to have all wisdom or the sole right to express the perspectives of this team and I believe in the wisdom of the counsel of many.

All three contributed various points in the proposal sent to you.

We are sincerely yours.

Gailon Arthur Joy
-------- Original Message --------
To: Harold Lance
CC: G. Arthur Joy, Gregory Matthews, Linda Shelton
Subject: Re: Progress in the process:
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 14:45:00 -0600

Hello Harold.

Just a little clarification: I have pastored, yes, and do work for ****** currently. But the project I am working on is not a research project but rather a massive and multi-faceted database and internet project. And, the name of ****** should be kept out of all these discussions entirely.

I have no problem with the need for confidentiality during the process development phase. My only concern is that if it does not go forward and resolution is not achieved on the various issues, people have a right to know why, briefly if nothing else. And given everything I've seen thus far, I'm not sure a mutually agreed upon statement will do that.

I've been really concerned at all the negative insinuations that have been made about ASI, Mark Finley, Elder Denslow, Garwin McNeilus, and others, insinuations and accusations that can be read by anyone in the world who wants to read them. I've personally argued in one venue, successfully at times, that such evil surmising is wrong unless there is solid evidence to back up such allegations.

What I am saying is that what we need in the end is to vindicate, if at all possible, not just 3ABN. And I would hate to see a situation in which ASI cannot come out of this smelling like a rose simply because one party or another won't agree to an honest, fairly stated statement that explains exactly who had what concerns that kept the process from moving forward.

That's my concern. If this hinders me from being part of the process, that might have to be the way it is.

Have a good Sabbath, God bless, and may God give all an extra measure of His wisdom, humility, and compassion at this time.

Bob Pickle
(***) ***-****
Breezy

Re: Mr. Robert Pickle

Post by Breezy »

Not only does Bob Pickle think he is a Pastor, he also thinks he is a doctor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:DrPickle (Bob Pickle has admitted that this is he on this website)

But is Bob Pickle an ordained Pastor in the SDA Church? No. Is he a medical doctor or a doctor of education? No.
So why would he want to sign his name in such a way as to make people think he is a "doctor?" Or let people think he is an ordained Pastor of the SDA Church?

Because of this, I am very cautious with the other things Bob Pickle has to say.
Breezy

Re: Mr. Robert Pickle

Post by Breezy »

This is very informative. Mr. Pickle insisted in several posts on BSDA that he had nothing to do with the save3abn sites. He has openly said he has not had anything to do with posting information or control on these sites. But what does it say on Wikipedia? Check it out for yourself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Since Danny and Linda Shelton's divorce in June 2004, a website, Save3ABN dot org, came forward alleging various concerns and has drawn enough attention that a lawsuit has been filed. The site, run by Gailon Joy and Bob Pickle, allege....".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3ABN

Then over on BSDA Mr. Pickle wrote this below concerning the save3abn site:

Pickle

View Member Profile Today, 06:09 AM Post #72

1,000 + posts

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,960

But Ian, you already admitted elsewhere that that document didn't have Gailon's signature on it.

I still maintain that it's never been my site, and I haven't had control over the content. Now if you want to quibble over exactly what I meant when I said that, see if you can show up when Danny or 3ABN finally does a deposition.