Tommy Shelton

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

odie1962
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:25 am America/Denver

Tommy...

Postby odie1962 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:13 am America/Denver

ADMIN wrote:All related topics have been merged together into this one thread. Please see the announcement regarding this before continuing to post or reply here.

Forum Rules & Policy -- Modification

Thank you



odie1962 wrote:
Tommy Shelton has been arrested for child molestation

Former Fairfax minister arrested for molesting children

Ex-Pastor Accused of Sexual Assault

Former Dunn Loring Pastor Charged With Sexual Abuse

Ex-Pastor Accused Of Sexual Assault In Va
Last edited by Cynthia on Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:33 am America/Denver, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: March 22, 2010 added admin note, and edited thread title, Dec 7, 2010 -modified admin note

steffan
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:12 pm America/Denver

Re: Tommy Shelton Arrested For Molesting Children

Postby steffan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:55 am America/Denver

odie1962 wrote:
Tommy Shelton has been arrested for child molestation

Former Fairfax minister arrested for molesting children

Ex-Pastor Accused of Sexual Assault

Former Dunn Loring Pastor Charged With Sexual Abuse

Ex-Pastor Accused Of Sexual Assault In Va




Maybe you should be more accurate. He has NOT been arrested for "molesting children" but, instead, has turned himself in based on a warrant sworn out by a Virginia detective who
1. had not even personally interviewed one of the two accusers
2. had not interviewed Tommy Shelton even once prior to his turning himself in

Get your facts straight. In this country, a man is innocent before being proven guilty but you seem to have convicted him already.

Horrible as this ordeal is to him and his family, in a way, this criminal case will bring out facts that have remained hidden throughout the PickledJoy smear campaign.

Interestingly enough, the detective said that the arrest warrant was sworn out (apparently in Virginia you don't need to present your evidence to a DA to get one) based on accusations by these 2 men AND material on the internet. I'm betting that the PickledJoy smear staff worked overtime to make sure this got to the detective.

With that said, confine yourself to the facts, stop presenting your opinions as fact and in the process misleading readers to think an innocent-till-proven-guilty man is guilty.

odie1962
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:25 am America/Denver

Re: Tommy Shelton Arrested For Molesting Children

Postby odie1962 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:16 am America/Denver

Going by the heading of the news report..........
To surrender does not mean the absence of arrest


Former Fairfax minister arrested for molesting children

says he was arrested for molesting children

A Kentucky man who formerly was pastor of a Fairfax County church in the 1990s has been arrested by Fairfax police for allegedly molesting two boys in the mid-1990s, Fairfax police said Thursday.

Shelton. (Fairfax Police)

Tommy Shelton, 64, was the pastor of Community Church of God at 2500 Gallows Rd. in the Dunn Loring area, from 1995 to 2000, police said.

In 2008, two men approached Fairfax police and reported that they had been sexually assaulted by Shelton. One man said he had been molested when he was 12 to 14 years old, and the other man said he was 8 to 9 years old when he was molested, police said.

There is no statute of limitations on such crimes in Virginia.

Police obtained warrants in February charging Shelton with two counts of aggravated sexual battery, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor, and sodomy. Shelton, who now lives in Marion, Ky., surrendered Tuesday to Fairfax police, and was being held in the Fairfax jail Thursday in lieu of $80,000 bond.

odie1962
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:25 am America/Denver

Re: Tommy Shelton Arrested For Molesting Children

Postby odie1962 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:23 am America/Denver

steffan wrote:Maybe you should be more accurate. He has NOT been arrested for "molesting children" but, instead, has turned himself in based on a warrant sworn out by a Virginia detective who
1. has not even personally interviewed one of the two accusers
2. had not interviewed Tommy Shelton even once prior to his turning himself in

Get your facts straight. In this country, a man is innocent before being proven guilty but you seem to have convicted him already.


You might have a point except I said nothing other than he had been arrested which the news report indicate.I did not say he was guilty.Turning oneself in does not prohibit or mean he was not arressted.



Former Dunn Loring Pastor Charged With Sexual Abuse Print E-mail
By Administrator
Thursday, March 18 2010 11:58

A former pastor accused of molesting two minors at a church in Dunn Loring turned himself into Fairfax County Police on Tuesday, March 16.
031810tommyshelton

Shelton.
Tommy Shelton, 64, of Marion, Kentucky, was charged with two counts of aggravated sexual battery, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor, and sodomy.

According to police, from 1995 to 2000, Shelton was the pastor for the Community Church of God at 2500 Gallows Road, Dunn Loring. In March 2008, a 27-year-old man contacted police to report that he had been molested by Shelton when he was 12 to 14 years old. Then, in November of 2008, a 22-year-old man contacted police to report that he had been molested by Shelton when he was 8 to 9 years old.

Following an extensive investigation, detectives secured warrants for Shelton in February 2010.

It sounds like this investigation was a bit more involved than you claim it was.


odie1962
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:25 am America/Denver

Re: Tommy Shelton Arrested For Molesting Children

Postby odie1962 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:26 am America/Denver

Do I believe this man has a problem with young boys.Yup
His letter gives a good glimpse into his inappropriate behavior. Most people know that if there is 1 or 2 there are more,they just are not coming forward.
But I did not offer that with the first post. I said nothing personal in any way.You made it personal.

steffan
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:12 pm America/Denver

Your topic heading says it all

Postby steffan » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:15 am America/Denver

In your topic heading alone you have already convicted him.

He has been arrested "for molesting children" - no, he has been accused of doing so, not done so. I hope you can see the difference. If not, then you have already convicted him.

odie1962
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:25 am America/Denver

Re: Your topic heading says it all

Postby odie1962 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:32 pm America/Denver

steffan wrote:In your topic heading alone you have already convicted him.

No,I did not.The topic heading is not mine.

He has been arrested "for molesting children" - no, he has been accused of doing so, not done so. I hope you can see the difference. If not, then you have already convicted him.


Whether he is found guilty or not I don't believe he was arrested because of what was on the internet.
The authorities usually do a pretty good investigation before issuing a warrant for someone's arrest. That is far more than what they read on the internet and what Bob Pickle had to say.
Still the topic heading is not my words.

User avatar
Cynthia
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:00 am America/Denver

Re: Tommy Shelton Arrested For Molesting Children

Postby Cynthia » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:05 pm America/Denver

The topic heading is not mine....Still the topic heading is not my words...



Unaccountable and helpless much?
I think not...

You typed it and you posted it. Still, the blog topic title you chose was one of only two I saw which were judgmental and inaccurate... There were many others you could have chosen which were all more ethical in nature as far as reporting goes. and more accurate...

Tommy Shelton has never been a topic which we have discussed here on this forum as none of us ever bought into the claim that it is a 3abn issue. Except in the mind of Bob Pickle, and except where he claims 3abn and Danny Shelton covered up child molestation allegations in 2003. That would be false. Two men coming forward and filing complaints in 2008 obviously has nothing to do with 3abn back in 2003.

I would not allow someone to bring up a relative you had who was accused of child molestation to attempt to smear you here either, Odie and that is exactly how the allegations against Tommy have been used against Danny by the Pickle crew. Never did they go to the authorities with what they claimed to know.

I have edited the title and I am locking this thread for now- as I want to discuss this with the other admins before acting, but I am thinking it will probably be removed. [edit note: see opening post]
Last edited by Cynthia on Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:05 am America/Denver, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: merged topics
~ Cindy

odie1962
Posts: 289
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:25 am America/Denver

Re: Tommy Shelton Arrested For Molesting Children

Postby odie1962 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:32 pm America/Denver

Synthian wrote:Still the blog topic title you chose was one of only two I saw which were judgmental and inaccurate... There were many you could have chosen which were all more ethical in nature as far as reporting goes.and more accurate..


If there are more available I have not seen them.I have not gone looking for them. I did not "Choose".based on it being judgmental. Simply what I received by e-mail

Tommy Shelton has never been a topic which we have discussed here on this forum as none of us ever bought into the claim that it is a 3abn issue. Except in the mind of Bob Pickle, and except where he claims 3abn and Danny Shelton covered up child molestation allegations in 2003. That would be false. Two men coming forward and filing complaints in 2008 obviously has nothing to do with 3abn back in 2003.

IF this was known before these two and I believe it was from TS own admission via the letter he wrote,any that knew and placed him in a unsupervised position as far as young children goes may have some explaining to do.
As to anything between DS and LS of course it wouldn't,unless LS was also aware there could be a danger

I would not allow someone to bring up a relative you had who was accused of child molestation to attempt to smear you here either, Odie and that is exactly how the allegations against Tommy have been used against Danny by the Pickle crew. Never did they go to the authorities with what they claimed to know.

Obviously the Pickle crew would do just that.I am quite sure Bob is delighted. If I had a relative that had a prior history of pedophila and did not protect vulnerable children and some came forward I would be smeared with the same brush

This is not directed specifically at DS or even TS. Those that know of a prior history concerning child molestation and don't do everything they can to ensure it doesn't happen again are committing the same hideous act the molester is.
Our denomination is well versed as many are in moving,keeping secret and blaming the victim when someone comes forward.
Had the same type of game not been played for 30 years my family would not have been torn apart.

That aside, nothing was picked specifically because one sounded worse than the others.

User avatar
Cynthia
Posts: 618
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:00 am America/Denver

Re: Tommy...

Postby Cynthia » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:12 am America/Denver

Odie,
I believe you when you say "nothing was picked specifically because one sounded worse than the others." You and I have disagreed on things before and no doubt will again, but I know you are forthright and honest.

I am not defending Tommy here, nor am I condemning him, please understand that. If there is any truth to any of this then that needs to be determined by the right people, but I do not believe the right people are the Glenn Drydens or Bob Pickles of the world who have agendas apart from the allegations and have used them to further there own self serving needs, or those who have only heard what they have to say and accepted that as factual, or at least been confused by that and formed misconceptions etc. I have always said and I maintain that TS's guilt or innocence is best determined by his church ( which is the Church of God for those who don't know) and the proper authorities. I do think there is something strange and not right about how this has all come down, but am not going to post about that at this time.

That said, what I am going to do is post and defend 3abn in this instance, and I don't apologize for that as I believe the facts and timeline (which I researched for myself and caused me to come to the conclusions I did, after not receiving any answers to my questions from either Pickle or Dryden) demonstrate that they acted conscientiously according to what was known when all this was brought to their attention by the Church of God Pastor, Glenn Dryden in 2003. It is my personal opinion and judgment that they can not be faulted for that, despite the Monday morning quarterbacking going on. And Yes, Linda was then on the board and the entire board voted in consensus at that time after discussing all that was known.

I think misconceptions and misunderstandings about DS and 3abn have resulted from what Pickle has reported and claimed and that those who have read all have been confused by that. No surprise to me that has occurred or that he would do so in regards to TS, as he does that in all imo, and can't even quote another or accurately state what they did without reinterpreting /misinterpreting what they actually said or did and adding motives and intent which he assigns and can't prove. sigh...

Anyway I believe this all needs to be clarified, so I am going to go back to my notes and files and compile the info I have about it in a way that I hope is easy to understand, I think and am hopeful that me doing so will help establish the facts as they are known. I will post further here when that is completed..
~ Cindy


Return to “Open 3ABN discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests