Now Pastor Wintley Phipps is being attacked

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

steffan

Now Pastor Wintley Phipps is being attacked

Post by steffan »

This is from (not)AdventTalk by Bob Pickle, er, I mean, sdaminister.

Notice how many people he/she/it contacted to verify this information but did NOT contact Pr. WP ?

How much more of this hypocrisy does Bob Pickle think he can stuff down people's throats?

As bonnie pointed out, there is no "great regret" but only "great gloating"
SDAminister

3ABN Board Member Breaks Sabbath
« on: August 11, 2008, 12:25:00 PM »

With great regret that I am constrained to share the following info with the Advent Talk forum.

This past weekend in Minnesota, Wintley Phipps held two concerts to support his organization the U.S. Dream Academy.

A few things to note about Elder Phipps and this weekend:

-He is a member of Three Angels Broadcasting Network Board of Directors
-He is an ordained Seventh-day Adventist minister of the Southeastern Conference of Seventh-day Adventists where he pastors the Palm Bay Seventh-day Adventist Church.
-He took a commercial flight to his destination on the Sabbath
-His concerts were at 7:00 pm Saturday and Sunday evenings.
-Admission to the concerts were by paid ticket only; sold in advance, and on the day of the concerts.
-Tickets were sold on the Sabbath by the local sponsor (a bank) and by the local center for the arts box office. Tickets also were for sale at the door, prior to the concert Saturday evening. Price: $12 adults, $6 students.
-A couple of phone calls indicate that members in the Minnesota Conference are concerned that this blatant breaking of the Sabbath, by a minister of their own denomination, will hurt their efforts to proclaim the three angels' message of which the sanctity of God's law is supreme.
-It is understood that this is not a one-time event as Elder Phipps regularly engages in this type of conduct.
-It is further unknown what effect this will have upon the work of 3ABN as Elder Phipps is perhaps one of the most public figures in all of Seventh-day Adventism.

SDAminister
steffan

And the attackers' hypocrisy is now plain to see

Post by steffan »

Ah, the hypocritical pharisees don't apply the same standard to themselves!

Julius Child made this post on (not)AdventTalk. How apt!
While waiting for my member registration to be approved, I began reviewing some of the posts made by the three key members attempting to make the case that Wintley Phipps' activities are not proper for the Sabbath hours. My goal was to see how they were using their Sabbath hours here on the forum; what they viewed, in practice, as appropriate behavior during the day to be set aside from others. For SDAminister, I found no posts made during Sabbath hours. That is not the case for Bob Pickle and GAJ. I am only posting links to part of the Sabbath hours posts they have made on the 3abn Forums. I will leave it to those reading to determine if the posts were doing an "essential" work and/or lifting the focus of the writer and the reader to heavenly things. (Note: All times listed are from Adventtalk.com's time zone and were compared against the local time difference stated in each member's profile):

Bob Pickle:

Sabbath, July 26, 2008, 07:10:28 AM
Sabbath, July 26, 2008, 07:37:14 AM
Friday night, August 01, 2008, 08:21:55 PM
Friday night, August 01, 2008, 08:29:24 PM
Friday night, August 08, 2008, 07:26:38 PM
Friday night, August 08, 2008, 07:38:01 PM
Friday night, August 08, 2008, 07:44:02 PM
Friday night, August 08, 2008, 08:42:02 PM
Friday night, August 08, 2008, 08:46:20 PM
Sabbath, August 09, 2008, 06:18:37 AM
Sabbath, August 09, 2008, 07:12:46 AM
Friday evening, August 15, 2008, 07:20:50 PM
Friday evening, August 15, 2008, 07:30:12 PM
Sabbath, August 16, 2008, 06:13:43 AM
Sabbath, August 16, 2008, 06:17:29 AM
Sabbath, August 16, 2008, 07:19:37 AM

Gailon Arthur Joy:

Friday Night, May 23, 2008, 07:46:06 PM
Friday Night, May 23, 2008, 07:50:23 PM
Friday Night, May 23, 2008, 07:52:52 PM
Friday Night, May 23, 2008, 08:11:51 PM
Sabbath, May 24, 2008, 06:52:57 AM
Sabbath, May 24, 2008, 02:00:50 PM
Sabbath, May 24, 2008, 02:07:17 PM
Friday Night, July 04, 2008, 08:33:33 PM
Friday Night, July 04, 2008, 08:45:09 PM
Sabbath, August 09, 2008, 02:23:31 PM
Sabbath, August 09, 2008, 2:37:55PM
Sabbath, August 09, 2008, 2:46:52 PM
Penny

Re: Now Pastor Wintley Phipps is being attacked

Post by Penny »

Ever notice how Pickle is quick to throw the divorce or Tommy Shelton into someone's face when they point out how his current topic-de-jour is mean-spirited?

Pickle and Joy are consumed by evil-doing - not at all following the example of Christ. The wolves that they is showing through the sheep's clothing they wear.
Penny
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Excellent post and excellent point made. Sometimes it can be difficult to see that "therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matt 7:12

In other words, whatever you dish out, you shouldn't mind if it is dished to you. That is pretty blunt, but it is the truth. We need to treat others as we want to be treated by others.

What Mr. Pickle has done to 3abn, Danny Shelton, his family (brothers, sisters,children and grandchildren), his wife, Brandy, 3abn workers, their families and also BOD's and their families---all this has been extremely hurtful to them.

What Mr. Child said to Mr. Pickle was a very small thing in comparison to what Mr. Pickle has said about 3abn and everyone involved. Yet Mr. Pickle is immediately on the defensive and upset. How does he think those he has hurt at 3abn feels? Is Mr. Pickle unable to comprehend this?

Pickle is in deep trouble. Very deep trouble.
Penny

Post by Penny »

Well, we should have learned by now that Joy and Pickle couldn't care less if their words hurt someone - anyone. They believe anything told them that sullies the characters of those on 3ABN or associated with 3ABN, seemingly never checking all the facts, painting Danny as 100% guilty and Linda as 100% innocent or 100% ignorant and therefore not guilty. The sale of the house has been explained to Pickle 1,000 times, if once. The truth does not jive with his agenda, so he refuses to believe it and keeps repeating his falsehood. He should get Linda to tell him the whole story, or properly do his research. Either he seems incapable of doing.

Once a person has deceived himself or herself into believing that he/she is God's harbinger of truth...then nothing will stop them - except God himself or the long arm of the law.

We all know that Danny, Linda, the rest of the clan and the workers at 3ABN are not perfect. They have made mistakes. They can and are improving. And 3ABN is still reaching souls for Christ. That's what is important in the long-run.
Penny
steffan

Bob Pickle has finally added the straw

Post by steffan »

that broke the camel's back.

Habanero, no friend to 3ABN, had this to say
I fail to see the relevance of Wintley Phipps and his Saturday night concert, to 3ABN. If we are going to be strictly Biblical about it, I know quite a number of people who should be stoned to death for picking up sticks on Sabbath for campfires while out camping, or on Pathfinder events. If you have ever lit a stove or oven, started a car, taken a long walk, enjoyed a bath/shower or done any number of other things, you are as biblically guilty of breaking the Sabbath as he is, IMO.

Wintley was raising money to help kids whose parents are incarcerated. Jesus spent his years helping people with their temporal needs, and even brought up the subject of imprisoned people in Matt 25. As I see it, Wintley was out actively doing the Lord's work by taking care of needy kids. This world would be alot better off with more of us doing that sort of thing. I believe that Heaven will be poulated with people who spoke their love of God in actions of kindness for others, as opposed to just speaking it with their mouths on Sabbath morning before heading to bed for that afternoon nap.

What he has done, said or voted in his capacity as a 3ABN board member, I don't know, but I don't see how that has anything to do with helping out kids who need help.