Gardenerl/Housekeeper

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

Breezy

Gardenerl/Housekeeper

Post by Breezy »

I wonder if it would be a sin to hire a gardener or a housekeeper? As I recall EGW hired a gardener and also housekeepers when she lived in California after coming home from Australia. I have friends and relatives who have hired people to help out in the garden and also clean house.

Is it a sin to do such a thing? Is it a sin to buy farming equipment too if it is needed? Of course not.

There is so much inordinate interest in what Danny does over on AT you would think he was a movie star. Only problem is those on AT want to know these things to be critical and unkind and rude. Gossip is a serious offense to the God of Heaven but it seems many think God is dead because they just keep right on gossiping and faultfinding. They eagerly look for any tidbit that comes their way so they can pounce on it and exclaim "Ah-ha! now we know Danny is evil because....." and then produce their bundle of gossip.

I will clear up one thing, however. Those who have stood up for 3ABN ARE TELLING THE TRUTH. But AT seems to think they can scream Liar Liar at those who stand up for 3abn but notice they do not produce any evidence.

It is sickening that these people have taken it upon themselves to try to tear down the work God began. They really are working against God in the things they say and do. And a careful record is kept in Heaven of every word. That ought to make everyone take pause and evaluate their words in that light.
odie1962

Re: Gardenerl/Housekeeper

Post by odie1962 »

Breezy wrote:I wonder if it would be a sin to hire a gardener or a housekeeper? As I recall EGW hired a gardener and also housekeepers when she lived in California after coming home from Australia. I have friends and relatives who have hired people to help out in the garden and also clean house.

Is it a sin to do such a thing? Is it a sin to buy farming equipment too if it is needed? Of course not.

There is so much inordinate interest in what Danny does over on AT you would think he was a movie star. Only problem is those on AT want to know these things to be critical and unkind and rude. Gossip is a serious offense to the God of Heaven but it seems many think God is dead because they just keep right on gossiping and faultfinding. They eagerly look for any tidbit that comes their way so they can pounce on it and exclaim "Ah-ha! now we know Danny is evil because....." and then produce their bundle of gossip.

I will clear up one thing, however. Those who have stood up for 3ABN ARE TELLING THE TRUTH. But AT seems to think they can scream Liar Liar at those who stand up for 3abn but notice they do not produce any evidence.

It is sickening that these people have taken it upon themselves to try to tear down the work God began. They really are working against God in the things they say and do. And a careful record is kept in Heaven of every word. That ought to make everyone take pause and evaluate their words in that light.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

I wonder if it would be a sin to hire a gardener or a housekeeper? As I recall EGW hired a gardener and also housekeepers when she lived in California after coming home from Australia. I have friends and relatives who have hired people to help out in the garden and also clean house.

You know exactly what was being said. Maybe it is time you use the complete honesty you all are so great at demanding.
The sin would come from using non-profit money for personal use or gain.
The credibility of those doing this little twisting takes a decided hit no matter who does it.

There are a few on both sides that do this,and I firmly believe you deserve one another.

I do not believe you are this ignorant of what was said and what was meant.

The sin would be in using 3ABN assests for personal gain.

The question about owning farm equipment is rather telling. Instead of a difinitive,no he does not, or yes he does,says a lot as well. You know full well if he does or not. .Many of you speak with what can only be personal knowledge, or parroting DS words and wishes

Because DS must survive and maintain on the money of other people would probably be why the interest for some. For others I would suspect you are accurate. Only leaving out that both sides are perfecting this to an art.
And no, I for one do not believe God to be dead.
If DS has used money from a non-profit ministry, he deserves people being critical of his actions

I am hoping that no one expects to have others take this to the bank.

You and others here seem to have this honed to an art as well as some on the other side. It is as good as under oath,a staement from an anonymous source not providing any evidence

This is another thing that has always puzzled me. The sucess of someone does not mean either that they will always do God's will . In fcat many unscrupulous people to quite well in the amazing huge fortunes.
Doesn't mean a sucessful ministry can always claim God leading. Do we all remember Oral Roberts,the guy God was going to kill by a certain date if his listeners didn't pony up?? Did quite well. Pat Robertson frequently assures his listeners of the same fact you claim for DS. Jimmy Baker did same, wildly sucessful till it came crashing down.

I hope you take this to heart as well as instructing others.

And a careful record is kept in Heaven of every word. That ought to make everyone take pause and evaluate their words in that light It is alson a little piece of wisdom for DS, pass it on
Penny

Post by Penny »

odie1962 wrote:
And a careful record is kept in Heaven of every word. That ought to make everyone take pause and evaluate their words in that light It is alson [sic] a little piece of wisdom for DS, pass it on
Indeed this is a fine piece of advice for Pickle and Joy as well - shall we assume that you have passed it along to them, but to no avail?
Penny
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

Penny wrote:
odie1962 wrote:
And a careful record is kept in Heaven of every word. That ought to make everyone take pause and evaluate their words in that light It is alson [sic] a little piece of wisdom for DS, pass it on
Indeed this is a fine piece of advice for Pickle and Joy as well - shall we assume that you have passed it along to them, but to no avail?

That is one assumption that is correct. Probably as much if not more than this side.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Breezy wrote:I wonder if it would be a sin to hire a gardener or a housekeeper? As I recall EGW hired a gardener and also housekeepers when she lived in California after coming home from Australia. I have friends and relatives who have hired people to help out in the garden and also clean house.

I happen to know who cleaned the Shelton's house once a week and they were paid by Danny personally. This was when Linda was still there by the way. Again this was the type of thing that was investigated by the IRS with 3abn records and Danny's personal records. Do you think the IRS would have ignored it if he were doing all of this stuff with money that comes in to support 3abn?????

Mrs. White also employed a chauffer as well as housekeepers. She also lived in what was considered a very nice house, for the times. Where did she get her money? From her books, speaking engagements, donations...ministry money so to speak.

If hiring someone to clean house is a sin then I am guilty. I pay a lady to come into our house twice a month for the "tough" cleaning. I do this due to health problems and a lack of time. How terrible of me.

Now to address Odie on the farming business. She want's a straight answer to whether Danny had farming equipment to bale hay and whatever. No he did not. A local farmer who had a good relationship with DS and 3abn loaned his baler and whatever else was needed to 3abn for free. 3abn also has the privilege of being able to use any farming equipment provided by an Adventist farming couple that moved to the area years ago. They still oversee farms in 2 other states but, have purchased farming equipment, tractor, balers, etc that 3abn is free to use at anytime. This couple lives directly behind 3abn and moved there for the sole purpose of helping 3abn. Of course none of this really matters as the whole premise of Danny owning a big horse farm is wrong anyway. I have been in Danny's barn a number of times through the years and have never known of him to own more than 6 or 7 horses and usually fewer than that. There have been a few other horses that belonged to others that were in and out of his barn at times but Danny is not a "player" at all, as far as horse raising goes. And, the times that 3abn baled hay, they sold it and put the money back in the ministry. DS paid for his hay like anyone else. Once again, the IRS investigated all of that.

Oh lest I forget that Odie keeps mentioning "all this property"...yes 3abn owns quite a bit of property. That is where the hay was baled, on 3abn property.

THese are the types of things that are pieces to the puzzle that the Pickle/Joy team do not have. Pieces that change their whole story and makes total sense of how 3abn could do this, or, DS could do that... There are a number of people, especially retired people who have helped 3abn with money, equipment, vehicles, and their time, through the years. 3abn has benefited greatly from those people and are grateful for all they do.
Sam

Post by Sam »

odie1962 wrote:

You know exactly what was being said. Maybe it is time you use the complete honesty you all are so great at demanding.
The sin would come from using non-profit money for personal use or gain.
The credibility of those doing this little twisting takes a decided hit no matter who does it.

There are a few on both sides that do this,and I firmly believe you deserve one another.

I do not believe you are this ignorant of what was said and what was meant.

The sin would be in using 3ABN assests for personal gain.

The question about owning farm equipment is rather telling. Instead of a difinitive,no he does not, or yes he does,says a lot as well. You know full well if he does or not. .Many of you speak with what can only be personal knowledge, or parroting DS words and wishes

Because DS must survive and maintain on the money of other people would probably be why the interest for some. For others I would suspect you are accurate. Only leaving out that both sides are perfecting this to an art.
And no, I for one do not believe God to be dead.
If DS has used money from a non-profit ministry, he deserves people being critical of his actions

I am hoping that no one expects to have others take this to the bank.

You and others here seem to have this honed to an art as well as some on the other side. It is as good as under oath,a staement from an anonymous source not providing any evidence

This is another thing that has always puzzled me. The sucess of someone does not mean either that they will always do God's will . In fcat many unscrupulous people to quite well in the amazing huge fortunes.
Doesn't mean a sucessful ministry can always claim God leading. Do we all remember Oral Roberts,the guy God was going to kill by a certain date if his listeners didn't pony up?? Did quite well. Pat Robertson frequently assures his listeners of the same fact you claim for DS. Jimmy Baker did same, wildly sucessful till it came crashing down.

I hope you take this to heart as well as instructing others.

And a careful record is kept in Heaven of every word. That ought to make everyone take pause and evaluate their words in that light It is alson a little piece of wisdom for DS, pass it on

All of your posts would make someone think that you know Danny Shelton. That you know him well enough to judge him as you have. You don't. IMO you have gotten most of your information from Pickle...not a good source. I on the other hand have known Danny and Linda shelton for many years. Have been in there home many times. Was there when their marriage fell apart and all the aftermath since. So, from personal experience let me just say, you are wrong in your judgements and opinions of Danny and what you have been led to believe are his actions. I know the details of their house, horses and how they lived. Also who donated what and how they did it. Everything has been on the up and up, morally, spiritually, whatever. Have I ever known of Danny to make a bad decision or make a mistake? Absolutely. Who hasn't? Have I ever known of him to do something purposely that was illegal, immoral, shady etc etc???? No I have not. Everything he has done and every decision he has made was based on what he thought was best for the ministry at the time. Was he always right? Of course not. But nothing was done with intent or malice or for the benefit of lining his own pockets.

Believe it or not Odie. But comparing what you have heard with what I have seen and witnessed for years, you don't have a leg to stand on.
Breezy

Post by Breezy »

Thank you Sunny for making this more clear! The truth is always clear as a bell.
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

All of your posts would make someone think that you know Danny Shelton. That you know him well enough to judge him as you have. You don't.

This cuts both ways,the nastiness of gailon and the slippery slickness of Bob does not indicate that you know them personally. As some of what I have come across indicate that I personally know DS.
But as in Bob and gailon people form opinions based on behavior.

IMO you have gotten most of your information from Pickle...not a good source.
My opinion formed about DS is not based on Bob. I believe bob to be an opportunist. At one time I felt rather sorry for Bob as it was very obvious or so I thought as to who pulled the string in that "marriage" of convenience.
They are a perfect match. gailon enjoys the arrogant,nasty,brave crusador image and Bob can skate between .
I am not certain I would form an opinion on the weather based on what Bob had to say. First I would probably look out he window.

I on the other hand have known Danny and Linda shelton for many years. Have been in there home many times. Was there when their marriage fell apart and all the aftermath since. So, from personal experience let me just say, you are wrong in your judgements and opinions of Danny and what you have been led to believe are his actions
What I was led to believe is based on DS. He is the one that put forth the idea of "spiritual adultery" and there ain't no such animal in the zoo. Then we had physical adultery,then we had oh, wait a minute, I don't want to be forced to say ,but I will if I have to that physical adultery took place. Did it?? wouldn't make a particle of difference at this stage. It has dangled out there and hit every once in while so it keeps swinging.

. [qoute] I know the details of their house, horses and how they lived. Also who donated what and how they did it. Everything has been on the up and up, morally, spiritually, whatever.[/quote]

No, I don't believe you do as there has been several I KNOW THE TRUTH concerning the horses. None have matched.

Believe it or not Odie. But comparing what you have heard with what I have seen and witnessed for years, you don't have a leg to stand on.

As I do not put great faith in anonymous,it doesn't matter.
On the other hand I think Joy,Pickle and supporters have shot themselves in the foot by their behavior bad enough, that win or lose they have lost.

With a small handful of supporters, mighty small they will forever be seen as nasty,untruthful wannabe's

Those that did not know Bob Pickles name in MN before, certainly do now.

While I do believe there were many things suspect concerning 3ABN, when the cure is more vile than the original disease, the cure should be eliminated and let the disease die on it's own

odie
Sam

Post by Sam »

Odie,

You said you believe Bob is an opportunist. I agree but must ask your opinion of what kind of opportunity is he looking for in this situation. I ask your opinion because I myself haven't figured it out yet. I think in the beginning he just wanted to be "somebody" and thought by broadcasting the information he was being fed would do that for him. He was led down the primrose path and fell for it hook line and sinker. But now, he has lost all credibility, respect, etc etc and yet he just keeps on and on and on. The more he says the more ridiculous he looks. So, at this point, I don't know what he is looking to gain in all this.