Message for Bob Pickle

An OPEN DISCUSSION forum to discuss 3ABN RELATED ISSUES -including posts or articles published elsewhere.

Moderators: Breezy, Lilly, Truth

odie1962

Re: Message for Bob Pickle

Post by odie1962 »

Just a FYI for all

There's not really any problem with differing opinions or views here, but if members want to make honesty or dishonesty an issue in a post, or bring that up regarding any individual, or anything else negative, we just ask that they be prepared to give examples, and evidence, so it can be understood, and addressed or rebutted.. smile.

(This thread is actually one example of that.)

..Ian
3atalk admin
This should be quite apparent, but if not let me know. I am quite sure I can find other examples of some gentle twisting after the fact
steffan

Finally, he admits he was a "pastor"

Post by steffan »

At: http://www.pickle-publishing.com/defensefund.htm

I finally get the answer to the question I asked him over the years - which he carefully managed never to answer.

Are you or have you ever been a pastor?
Gailon Joy is an Adventist Reporter. Bob Pickle has served the church as a conference pastor and is a respected apologist.
Now the question naturally arises, where, if ever, did you serve as conference pastor? Just the name of the conference will do.
Stan

Post by Stan »

I am sure Bob has served as a Pastor, I think one Conference was Iowa.. He has also done contract work for the GC, and it was valued.

I had not heard of Joy before this.

I have held credentials as a Reporter/Press, and am wondering who provided Joy with Credentials, I am not accusing of anything, but would like to know. Or did he wake up one time and decided he would take that designation by himself.

ALSO, for clarification, I believe that I was told they were related, father-in-law, BUT do not want to start any rumours, could either one of you firm that up?

Thanks

Stan
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

I am sure Bob has served as a Pastor, I think one Conference was Iowa.. He has also done contract work for the GC, and it was valued.
I have heard that those engaged in acts against 3ABN were doing the work of the devil. Bob and gailon were mentioned I believe. But in any event as they are the key players with information,gossip etc directed at 3ABN,it would have to include them. Weren't they also mentioned as being responsible for the failure of LS to begin a new ministry?
Contract work for the GC could almost sound ominous if it relates to current activities and that his work was valued.. In any event, Bob does not sound like someone that should in any way be employed by the denomination.

I have held credentials as a Reporter/Press, and am wondering who provided Joy with Credentials, I am not accusing of anything, but would like to know. Or did he wake up one time and decided he would take that designation by himself.
Bob would certainly be able to tell you his relationship if any to Gailon. Simple e-mail should answer that. As gailon claims almost anyone is a journalist,it is highly probable that he annointed himself as such.
ALSO, for clarification, I believe that I was told they were related, father-in-law, BUT do not want to start any rumours, could either one of you firm that up?

Stan
Cilghal

Re: Finally, he admits he was a "pastor"

Post by Cilghal »

steffan wrote:At: http://www.pickle-publishing.com/defensefund.htm

I finally get the answer to the question I asked him over the years - which he carefully managed never to answer.

Are you or have you ever been a pastor?

Now the question naturally arises, where, if ever, did you serve as conference pastor? Just the name of the conference will do.

No, I think the better question should be was he ever ordained? Should be simple enough for "Too precise Bob" to answer. A simple "Yes" or "No" has the potential to help Bob demonstrate how precise he can be.
Penny

Post by Penny »

Asking about ordination is precise enough and I'll be interested in reading Bob's response to that question. Yet, lack of ordination status does not preclude one from being a "pastor" or from calling him- or her-self a pastor. At least that is my understanding.
Penny
Cilghal

Post by Cilghal »

Does anyone happen know what the requirements are in the SDA church to be called a "pastor" or even to be given the "right" to "pastor" a church?

From my review of the available information, it would seem Bob did in fact serve as a pastor in the past. I have not found evidence that he ever obtained at least a Bachelor's Degree from any accredited institution and no indication he attended the Theological Seminary.

Any idea what criteria conferences use to determine the suitability of an individual that wants to be a "pastor" before giving him a congregation?
Cilghal

Post by Cilghal »

Devious, passively underhanded, falsely righteous does have a tendency to make me come unglued. I can't think of much that is more offensive.

Right there with you Odie!

BTW, have you considered starting a thread titled "How many ways can Bob Pickle lie?"
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

Right there with you Odie![/quote
Pickle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonnie is complaining over on 3Atalk about this thread, and claiming that I am devious and dishonest. What did I do wrong?

This kind of stuff when it comes from Precise Bob is a little irritaing. I was not complaining,it was stating what I saw Precise Bob doing. What he did wrong is very evident.
Maybe others do not think this is dishonest but to me that is what it is. Bob knew exactly what he did and his pretense that he doesn't know is dishonest.

Now if it is wrong to ask someone if they have considered accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, as Bonnie has suggested, then I am sorry for doing so. But somehow I think her criticisms should be leveled at Jack for making false accusations and then refusing to back down or apologize.
Bob knows in the manner he did so and the impression he wanted to leave was not right,nor was it done in all innocence.
He also knew what Bonnie was saying but wanted to make it more than it was.

Okay, Okay, I admit it. I've got this hangup about 1 Jn. 1:9. I believe that every born again Christian will comply with that verse.

Am I wrong?
This is simply offensive. Yes Bob the way you play with words is wrong. It is as dishonest or maybe more so than an outright lie
Maybe if Bob classifys "born again" as this kind of game playing with intent and scripture he needs to re-evaluate his "hangup" with 1 JN.1:9
odie1962

Post by odie1962 »

From my review of the available information, it would seem Bob did in fact serve as a pastor in the past. I have not found evidence that he ever obtained at least a Bachelor's Degree from any accredited institution and no indication he attended the Theological Seminary.

Any idea what criteria conferences use to determine the suitability of an individual that wants to be a "pastor" before giving him a congregation?
We had a member of our church, a truckdriver,turned evangelist ??? Never was to sure how he defined himself in the beginning. He moved to Texas and whatever transpired there he was placed on the payroll of the denomination.
Members fought it as we knew him and his history and that of his wife. MN did not recommend him at that time either.

This man never should have stood behind a pulpit, much less indicate to anyone he was a "pastor",but he remained so till he died.

So possibly Bob falls under the same explaination I do find it interesting that he may have "done contract work for the GC" given his current actions and the previous distaste the denominational leaders had for 3ABN